bengreen123
Rare Poster
Local Beach: So Cal
Gear: Best all the way
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Best TS V2

Postby bengreen123 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:00 am

Looking for a high boosting kite around 10m and was thinking the Best TS might fit the bill. I have an 08 12m best HP that I love, but they don't make the HP in 10m, so was thinking about giving the TS a shot. Anyone experienced with this kite please pipe in.

ed257
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Best TS V2

Postby ed257 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:46 am

bengreen123 wrote:Looking for a high boosting kite around 10m and was thinking the Best TS might fit the bill. I have an 08 12m best HP that I love, but they don't make the HP in 10m, so was thinking about giving the TS a shot. Anyone experienced with this kite please pipe in.
Try the Epic Screamer LTD 10.

Ed

harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.

Postby harppa » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:29 am

Excellent answer for the original question :thumb:

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:00 am

they do make the 10m Nemesis HP V3, the only reason it isn't showing on Best site if you try to order hat size is because they dont have the 10m in stock (actually when they have less than 5 or 10 they take it off so people cant order online a kite that they dont have in inventory).

I had the same issue when I ordered one. I got mine about 2 months ago and they had 8 left in inventory.

Actually after riding both the TS and the newer Nemis :

TS: a lot better at unhooking, a bit more bar pressure, slower than the HP, feels a bit more stable through the gusts, TS generate more power in kiteloop and downloop, it will pull you more forward. The nemis stalls a bit midway through Kiteloop. The nemi outjump the TS any day. I like both kites but I really love those newer Nemesis as it will rocket you up there when you pull the trigger. The newer nemis relaunch a better than the older ones 2008-2009. They are also a lot more stable in gusty wind than the previous model. I love the really light bar pressure.

Both kites are great fun.

Old school and big air : nemesis
New school : TS

sinferno

Postby sinferno » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:59 pm

About a month ago whilst inquiring about a Best Nemesis HP V3 the kite retailer informed me that Best will no longer be making the Nemesis HP and that the 2012 model is the last.

Actual statement from retailer: "According to Best, the Nemi is being discontinued and will no longer be sold once the current stock sells out."

So if you see it as sold it, it may actually be sold out for good.

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Would rather say:
Newschool: the GP :P (not the TS, even though it works fine as well...)
Allround, bigair, unhooked, (waves), freeride: TS
Just big air: Nemi

The Nemi is still in their lineup, just as the same kite as earlier:
http://euro.bestkiteboarding.com/ftp/De ... #/1/zoomed

The TS is a great kite! Much more balanced and tuned and responsive than the Nemi! And a great lift! Works really nice overpowered, rock solid in the air! Easy going kite that does everything well! Really liked it this year, I normally ride the GP, so super friendly compared to that one hehe ;)

doggy
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Camber Sands, Greatstone
Favorite Beaches: Camber Sands, Greatstone, Hayling Island, Majanicho
Style: Wakestyle, Freestyle, Surf
Gear: Liquid Force

Postby doggy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:06 pm

We have a 10m 2013 Best TS V2 demo and have taken it out a few times over the last month, it is a fantastic kite and much better a boosting than you would expect as it is not that high aspect. It has a really nice bar feel and quick turning so you can send it hard and know where it is, smooth loops as well. Has a very good top end so you can go out very powered an go big! Nice and stable and much nicer to fly than the Nemi. The Nemi is still available but as said above, while stocks last.

Another kite I have tried recently in a 10m that is good for boosting is the Liquid Force NRG, it is probably the floatiest kite I have used, serious hang time!! Not as fast in the turn as the TS but very efficient through the air so you go super high. If you are looking for a kite for jumping then this is one to add to the list.
Last edited by doggy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

bengreen123
Rare Poster
Local Beach: So Cal
Gear: Best all the way

Postby bengreen123 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 am

Thx for the replies....I have been on my 12m HP almost exclusively for the past four years, so I am kinda thinking about the TS now just to try a different shape. I hear the previous posters about going to different brands, but I just love the quality of the Best kites ( I have owned several other brands as well) and the way they handle, no affiliation with the company though. I also have an old 9m Warroo from way back and I feel like that kite is too fast and responsive and doesn't provide the drive I am looking for, which is why I am thinking about the10m TS now. One concern is the relaunch, it being more of a C hybrid, any comments on that?

harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.

Postby harppa » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:34 pm

With 2012 TS absolutely no problem with relaunch what so ever.
V2 is lighter and refined (not re-designed) so should be at least as good as V1
Really waiting for the winterseason and 2013 gear to take over my quiver :dance: :dance:

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:56 pm

The v2 have a smaller change in the wingtip, and yes it´s easier to relaunch!
I mean really easy - just pull the line, even the 15 relaunches sooo easy! Bin riding the V2 for a couple of months now, and it sooo easy to handle. Wouldn´t worry about the relaunch at all, easier than the HP I think!
You can´t go wrong with that kite! ;)

Return to “Kitesurfing”