Forum for kitesurfers
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 781
- Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:58 pm
if you are truly kiting in cold (0-4C) temperatures there are few things I prefer;
- truly it makes a difference if you buy snug fitted gloves or not; tight ones => cold fingers if you are prone to that
- I only use plastic cabled chicken loop lines; so safety and CL lines are inside plastic sheething => no wear on gloves. I ride waves and strapless freestyle and it's mandatory to have the CL line between the fingers. With bare ropes, they would eat up the gloves in a couple of sessions - been there done it with many gloves over the years.
- When fingers get cold, come to land and relax your arms, and let the blood flow and they'll warm up. No need to land the kite however.
- These users thanked the author omg for the post:
- sergei Scotland (Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:08 am)
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:28 pm
- Brand Affiliation: None
Ive been using the new mystic supreme 5mils this season, they're amazing.
https://www.silentsports.com/wetsuits/a ... myw20sg52/
I've ridden these down to -8C so far.
I've always had issues with cold fingers.
The key for me is putting the gloves on in the car, and making sure the gloves are dry.
If you start to feel some tingles just keep your hand low and shake it out, blood will find its way back in.
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 66 guests