Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Laughingman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:20 am

Okay now that shit is just f'n halarious! Because for the most part it is true!

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Laughingman wrote:Okay now that shit is just f'n hilarious! Because for the most part it is true!

Let's have more laughs.......about all those parts that are true!

...................................BS is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are..................................................

......................If you can't dazzle KF with brilliance............baffle KFwith BS.......................................

........"Hey Dimitri your knife is still "chest deep" in my back...from that time you stabbed me".......

What kind of a person answers an honest question from a KF member.....
....by lying to that member....just to save face....because things did not go his way during a demo?

It gets worse..what kind of person...would pretend to fall in...as an excuse because his kite fell in...
....also during a demo......and put out a new improved edited video of him falling?

Like i said...can that kind person have the balls(and you have 3) to apologize?
I am still waiting for explanation of why you did that to me...and a sincere apology to me and KF

In the meantime i am in no hurry...i have a strong hold on your right foot achilles tendon

Do you give up? :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:27 pm

SupaEZ, Laughingman, and a hand full of other people who don't beleive in the performance of the INFINITY V2 and V3.
I just want you to know this is a waist of my time and it will be the last time I respond on this post. I have lots of work trying to help kiters with real questions.
So once again I did prove what the INFINITY V1 & V2 can do in light wind (2 to 5 knots) - (7 to 12 knots) and stronger wind (11 to 17 knots). I have all the videos and witnesses that have seen what the INFINITY is capable of in light wind and strong winds. Also you have to understand I can't make every body happy. If you don't like the INFINITY because it's not a high aspect kite then get the RACER 17 or another kite in order to fit your riding style.
Plus I would like to thank you for doing this because you don't know how many INFINITY kites we have sold for the past 6 months, it's crazy. Maybe I should give you guys a commission for all the great work you have done with this thread. Plus the people that have bought the INFINITY are very happy with it's performance, and does exactly what I proved it does. This is the reason why MOMI and I came up with the INFINITY kites.

Any way take care and enjoy this sport we all love.
:thumb:

Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Dimitri M wrote:SupaEZ, Laughingman, and a hand full of other people who don't beleive in the performance of the INFINITY V2 and V3.
It is not a matter of believing. I actually tested the v1 and the v2. I know how those kites perform and they are not for me. A light wind kite in my opinion should not sit so far back in the window. One of the most important aspects of light wind kiting is getting upwind as quickly as possible. This deep luff curve is not conducive to charging up wind unless you are on a door or something similar... I don't want to ride in 5-7 knots on a door or race board. I want to ride in 8 - 11 knots on which ever board I choose (within reason), that is the only reason I would own a light wind kite . The infinity does not work well for this.

Besides this thread is not really about the kites anyhow. It is about how you made claims that you could ride in 2-4 knots (on and sup), and how you have been caught publishing videos that clearly are misleading. Latino's video posted after your (well edited) video in Naples is all I needed to see. It reeks of desperation and truly fits into the B.S. definitions posted above.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Laughingman wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:SupaEZ, Laughingman, and a hand full of other people who don't beleive in the performance of the INFINITY V2 and V3.
It is not a matter of believing. I actually tested the v1 and the v2. I know how those kites perform and they are not for me. A light wind kite in my opinion should not sit so far back in the window. One of the most important aspects of light wind kiting is getting upwind as quickly as possible. This deep luff curve is not conducive to charging up wind unless you are on a door or something similar... I don't want to ride in 5-7 knots on a door or race board. I want to ride in 8 - 11 knots on which ever board I choose (within reason), that is the only reason I would own a light wind kite . The infinity does not work well for this.

Besides this thread is not really about the kites anyhow. It is about how you made claims that you could ride in 2-4 knots (on and sup), and how you have been caught publishing videos that clearly are misleading. Latino's video posted after your (well edited) video in Naples is all I needed to see. It reeks of desperation and truly fits into the B.S. definitions posted above.

I has not been about believing in your kite Dimitri
It has been about believing the words coming out of your mouth...and your latest doctored video
So you had 2 demos in Florida that did not go as expected
No reason for you to make up stories and excuses about why YOUR BABY did not do that well

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:23 pm

geez... we should call in the FBI. Clearly something this important needs the attention of their top video analysis experts asap

MOMI
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby MOMI » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 pm

If the infinite good or bad depends on me, the designer of the infinite. Whether you like it or not, this is my problem. This is not a problem of Dimitri, to Dimitri was among those who love the endless and those who do not like the infinite or Dimitri, it's their problem. I try all the time to design kites for people not professionals only. Kites to enjoy and feel safe, your opinion is very important, the opinions of disgruntled for one reason or another does not matter at all.

Epic Kites in the market today and will set the tone for the future.
All publicity is good publicity, and time will tell...

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 pm

MOMI wrote:If the infinite good or bad depends on me, the designer of the infinite. Whether you like it or not, this is my problem. This is not a problem of Dimitri, to Dimitri was among those who love the endless and those who do not like the infinite or Dimitri, it's their problem. I try all the time to design kites for people not professionals only. Kites to enjoy and feel safe, your opinion is very important, the opinions of disgruntled for one reason or another does not matter at all.

Epic Kites in the market today and will set the tone for the future.
All publicity is good publicity, and time will tell...
I dont think anyone on this thread would question your ability as a designer Momi. In my opinion you are one of the most talented kite designers in the industry. But at the end of the day every kite design these days is about tradeoffs, if it is better at one thing it is worse at something else. From what I have seen the Infinity and the Fat Lady are great light wind freestyle kites, but they are not going to compete with the high aspect / large surface area kites in ultra light winds. I think this is more about the marketing than the design :)

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Laughingman wrote:

Dimitri has made lots of videos showing the performance of the INFINITY V2 and V3 . And yes Dimitri fell so what's the big deal. He actually was able to prove that the INFINITY V3 was able to stay up wind. Are you the guy that said you were to over powered and could not go up wind on the INFINITY V2 so you went back on your 12 meter kite?! Remember the INFINITY is for light wind.

And come on, isn't so pleasant to see someone doing all that stuff?! I don't think someone could spend so much time for things he doesn't actually believe in :!: :!: :!:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:17 pm

tomtombreizh wrote:
Laughingman wrote:

Dimitri has made lots of videos showing the performance of the INFINITY V2 and V3 . And yes Dimitri fell so what's the big deal. He actually was able to prove that the INFINITY V3 was able to stay up wind. Are you the guy that said you were to over powered and could not go up wind on the INFINITY V2 so you went back on your 12 meter kite?! Remember the INFINITY is for light wind.

And come on, isn't so pleasant to see someone doing all that stuff?! I don't think someone could spend so much time for things he doesn't actually believe in :!: :!: :!:
Um no, I am not that guy that said that... what I said is I tested the kite in 8-10 knots of wind and it tried to yank me downwind instead of pulling me up wind... later that day it did eventually pick up and that is when I went out on my 12.5m kite. You really should get your facts straight before putting words in someones mouth. Here is the link to the quote I believe you are referring to.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2378382&p=783298#p783298

A light wind kite should be happy to pull you along the wind and into the wind easily at 8-10 knots. It should not be a fight to even just hold your ground.

I don't really understand what your final statement is referring to...?

Return to “Kitesurfing”