Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

[quote="Dimitri M"]Hello Mr.tautologies,
I am sure they are tons of light wind kiters out there that are way better then me. I am just trying to show you what the INFINITY can do in very light winds.[quote]

(You should have added to your first sentence)......and ride better "low end" LW kites than mine

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:57 pm

:
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:57 pm

[quote="Dimitri M"]
Even me I would never buy an INFINITY V2 or V3 because where I live it's always windy. So no need for an INFINITY kite especially if you plan to kite in (11 to 16 knots).
And when it's not windy (6 to 10 knots), I rather spend some time with my kids and wife in order to get some bonus points for the next windy day. [quote]

Where you live is NOT ALWAYS windy

You "made up a story" about me swimming past the break in order to get out with onshore 7-8kn

How do you know for sure?
I do not think you can see sharply in focus past 20 meters...well am i right..will you deny that

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 am

Dimitri M wrote:Hello UKSurf,
As you can see I am always here to help answer any of your questions. So I was able to have some one at the office weigh the INFINITY V3 kite so you get a better idea of its weight just to help you with your research and compare its weight as a light wind kite with other kite companies. It is kite only with no bags, no pump, no bar, just kite only with a strap and bladders and it weights 8.65 lbs (3.93 kg).
:thumb:
Thanks for the info on that. I am sure the Infinity is a good kite and will suit people looking to practice freestyle in top end force 3 and low force 4 - which there is definitely a market for. Problem is claiming you kite is the holy grail of lightwind kites does it a dis-service since people will overlook what it is probably really good at.

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:28 am

Lucky Dimitri and SE are not in arms length or I'd BITCH SLAP both of you guys.

Been watching this thread when bored, but I was actually curious how the Infinity would perform against the 19m Core.

BUT...you guys blew it.

There's no reason to even post a video unless you switched boards. You switched kites, but not boards? That is testing analysis 101 guys.

Being an Epic dealer and dealer for Slingshot, Cabrinha and soon others, I'm always looking for accurate info and you had a great chance to do compare the 2 kites and reduce most variables, but you guys messed it up.

Time to start another thread, since this one has lost all credibility.

I'm firm believer there's not a magic bullet with light wind designs and if you gain in one area, you will loose in another. That's why Dimitri built the racer kite also to have a kite that goes upwind better than the Infinity and will have better hang time and lift. But, the Infinity will have more pull and faster turning.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 am

toyletbowl wrote:
That's why Dimitri built the racer kite also to have a kite that goes upwind better than the Infinity and will have better hang time and lift. But, the Infinity will have more pull and faster turning.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
Thank you Bob for the input

That is the best description i have ever heard about my 19...i really have 2 kites in one

Why buy 2 and accept their weaknesses...why not just get one that does it all
I have a kite that goes upwind better then the Infinity......
has better hang time and lift.... plus has more pull and faster turning

Common sense

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:01 am

Pffff dude.... cant you just let it go..

This topic got pointless SO SO SO LONG AGO... This personal vendetta is going on way to long.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:29 am

Geronimo79 wrote:Pffff dude.... cant you just let it go..

This topic got pointless SO SO SO LONG AGO... This personal vendetta is going on way to long.
I am not quite sure how this is a personal vendetta? I think supa was very reasonable for a long time until you guys started calling him names. I am not sure why this upset you so much. He states his opinion. Don't attribute anything else to it.

It is also super funny to me how you and a few other keep on posting on how this thread is dead, and pointless. The way to let it go is to stop reading it. Otherwise it will be a competition on having the last word. As long as the thread keeps on popping up...it is not dead regardless of what you write in the thread.

It is clear in the video that the infinity is not outperforming the other kite. Surely we can agree on that?
They seems pretty similar to me.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:22 am

If I remember correctly this whole BS thread was not whether or not the Core was a Better Kite in light wind then the V3 or whatever kites are being discussed. It was because it was said the V3 would PULL you upwind or even get you going in 2-4 Nuts/Knots however u want to measure wind Speed.

I don't care if u are riding for Home Depot or Lowes on a Plank of pressure treated wood, an SUP, Surfboard, a DOOR, a Twin Tip, an Americas Cup Sailboat, the USS Minnow Aircraft Carrier, Strapless anything, a Boat Paddle: it aint goin to happen in QUOTE: 2-4 Knots Where the KITE is Flying. What's so hard to understand that?????

:desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff:

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:26 am

14ToeSide wrote:If I remember correctly this whole BS thread was not whether or not the Core was a Better Kite in light wind then the V3 or whatever kites are being discussed. It was because it was said the V3 would PULL you upwind or even get you going in 2-4 Nuts/Knots however u want to measure wind Speed.

I don't care if u are riding for Home Depot or Lowes on a Plank of pressure treated wood, an SUP, Surfboard, a DOOR, a Twin Tip, an Americas Cup Sailboat, the USS Minnow Aircraft Carrier, Strapless anything, a Boat Paddle: it aint goin to happen in QUOTE: 2-4 Knots Where the KITE is Flying. What's so hard to understand that?????

:desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff:
+1
(Also, the 19m Core WHIPPED the ~16m Epic Infinity in ~7-8 knots. Infinity couldn't stay upwind :naughty: )

Return to “Kitesurfing”