Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: a good kite for light wind?

Postby William Munney » Sun May 26, 2013 4:48 pm

fly2mark wrote:I will have to put my vote on a good light wind board. I dont go anywere without my Airush Sector V60. I pair it up with a 14m kite and im off and kiting. Im 6'1 95-100kg pending on how much good beer i drink. With the kite technology changing.... The 14m turns a bit quicker to get up and plane. I have an older 17m slingshot but my 2012 and 2013 14m kites pull much better. I know a few guys in San Diego that fly the 17m north and 17m fat lady paired up with a Sector or Race type board. They are always the first.... And sometimes only guys out.
I'm about 78 kg, had my Sector 60 out a few times. Seems like if I have enough wind to keep my 12m Rebel in the air I have plenty of power for the Sector. At my local spot I'm a bit careful not to go "whale watching" into deep water because when the wind drops I don't want to be swimming/drifting back. At a shallow water spot I can push the limits a bit more.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun May 26, 2013 5:09 pm

On a Rampage wrote:
Depower strap/depower line, WOW! Thank you.Honest mistake. Giving precise information is better. Once again let's all enjoy light wind sessions and your 19 sure sounds like that a great tool to get the job done

................................................... Let's :respect1: to each other .....................................................

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun May 26, 2013 6:43 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
On a Rampage wrote:
Depower strap/depower line, WOW! Thank you.Honest mistake. Giving precise information is better. Once again let's all enjoy light wind sessions and your 19 sure sounds like that a great tool to get the job done

................................................... Let's :respect1: to each other .....................................................
Unfortunately..you rarely give it.
Just because you stay away from cuss words and add an avalanche of smileys, doesn't mean your posts are respectful.
To respect other people, you must believe they have value and a valid opinion, believe that they might have as much experience as you, that their input is worthwhile, and that they are capable of being as right, correct and precise as you believe you are.
Interesting that you rewrote Rampage's response to your disrespect..but unfortunately...

Until you decide to start showing others respect, you will have to continue to beg for some, with a big smiley sign.
Last edited by L0KI on Mon May 27, 2013 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sun May 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Oldnbacon wrote: Now correcting semantics between the words rope and strap...really?
http://corekites.com/us/sensor-bar :winner2:
Last edited by SupaEZ on Mon May 27, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!

Postby Aummm » Mon May 27, 2013 12:37 am

coleman wrote:
On a Rampage wrote:Light wind on a Spleene Door - cloud is still riding, relaunching, and flying when the others barely staying in sky.
What are your thoughts specifically in regards to the cloud coupled with a race board?
On a Rampage wrote:Cloud - Pretty cool kite once you get used to looking at it. It is the squarest looking kite I have ever seen. Super low aspect! I used the 10m and 17m. I didn't get to ride the 10 but it it would relaunch in 8 knots without any problem. I could ride my Sector 66 and relaunch the 17 in 5-6 knots and stay upwind. Huge wing tips make its steering fast for a large kite. The Sector 66 isn't an all out race board and I would think a true race board would get better upwind ability. 3 people her that just ordered the 17 for summer winds. Might just get to ride a little more.
I remember a while back you said the same about the very impressive Windwing's Batwing low end range
and wingtip as now you're mentioning about the cloud :naughty:
I've flown both and the range, boosting upwind was twice better of the batwing. Small world.
Why don't you tell honestly there is no advantage of the cloud with a chopper sound and vibration on the bar and behaves
like the Blacktip with a high bar pressure 11 years ago :?: and hard core riders would be disappointed with its limited range.
Honestly, I think that's even crazy to think about using a high performance race board with an unmatched
low performance bastardized kite, or why not stay with a matched cheap strapless, but whatever.....:allbegood:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Mon May 27, 2013 8:21 am

Even though I have been absent for so long, coming back and seeing that everyone has the same rock-bottom esteem for SupaTool is comforting. Just as the Earth has not strayed from it's orbit, Supa has not become any less a douche, and all manner of things continue as they always were. :lol:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Mon May 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Flight Mime wrote:Even though I have been absent for so long at a monk monastery for answers coming back and seeing that everyone has the same smile on their faces is comforting. Just as the Earth has not strayed from it's orbit it is super cool to be among you guys again
:welcome: back

TommyDelly
Medium Poster

Postby TommyDelly » Mon May 27, 2013 9:14 pm

SupaTARD with changing ppls words, you just unlocked a new level of pathetic :congrats: :

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Mon May 27, 2013 9:23 pm

TummyDeli wrote:SupaRAD with improving ppls words, you just rocked to a new level of athletic :congrats: :
:thanx: :surf: :sun:

TommyDelly
Medium Poster

Postby TommyDelly » Mon May 27, 2013 9:27 pm

ah get a life SupaSADPERSON :allbegood:

Return to “Kitesurfing”