forum for kitesurfers
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 311
- Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:25 pm
- Kiting since: 0
- Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
- Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
- Style: old and new school
- Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards
Hi. Going upwind for miles and cruising downwind at high speed, this is the best feature of the RRD K Free, a pure slalom board that can be also used for basic jumping tricks. Upwind, compared to an Airush Sector 60 with four fins, the RRD K Free (with three fins) is obviously less efficient. Downwind is one of the fastest board I've ever ridden. Riding with an Ozone Edge 13 in only 13 Knots and choppy water the top speed I've reached was 42 Km/h, quite impressive. Needeless to say, jibing and tacking is very easy. So, I'm very happy with this board. Here's a video of a couple of sessions:
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:03 am
- Kiting since: 2010
- Brand Affiliation: None
So which board would you prefer for Slalom ?
One goes upwind better and the other goes downwind better.... I guess it depends on the Slalom itself .
Do you think that the main reason for the difference between the two boards is the number of fins ?
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 9 guests