Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Universal Bar Lines Lengths and Setup - Please Help!!

Forum for kitesurfers
Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Universal Bar Lines Lengths and Setup - Please Help!!

Postby Herman » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:34 pm

Only glanced at this thread and am just killing time to let a hail squall pass through so ignore if inappropriate.

Even flying line lengths is just a reference to normal bar tuning as in loads of vids. It actually means the length of leader system plus flying line is even with trim out and bar sheeted in. Eg if your front and rear leader system is different by 3m then your front and rear flying lines will be different by 3m in the opposite way.

It is sensible to keep your bars even so they are interchangeable with other kites, then tune your kites to work with this datum. To do this you need to be able to identify kite sheeting range ie slack rears to backstall. Then adjust pigs to where you want the sheeting range on your bar throw. Hail has passed and riding is better than riting. Good Luck!
These users thanked the author Herman for the post:
Guigassa (Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:33 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Guigassa
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Gear: North orbit 2020 K8
Naish park 2012 K10
Wainman boss 2010 K12
Nobile 2HD 2019

Postby Guigassa » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:35 pm

Yeah!

I will need to make experiments with pigtails!
Thanks for the help anyway!

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:17 pm

Observing where the bar and trim is when the rears go slack is obvious, but finding the backstall point requires a little technique and if you are unfamiliar with this research will enable you to find a video on this. Choose a day with the wind is at the bottom end of the kites wind range. A basic setting is to have just a hint of backstall with trim fully out and bar sheeted fully in ie if you just pull in an inch of rear leader the kite will start to fly backwards from Z. (You will have less tendency to backstall at the top end of the kites range.). Obviously shortening the rear pigs or lengthening the front pigs will increase the tendency of the kite to backstall.

With experience you might decide to introduce more backstall particularly with small kites because they can recover from backstall so quickly but you have to build the skills for this.

Once you have tuned your kite:

If your riding in awkward conditions and backstall is an annoyance trim in a little. Also if you are jumping lots and you find the redirect is slow trim in a little until you improved your sheeting skills. Also if the kite just feels slow, trim in a little! You can eventually make minor adjustments to the pigs to exactly suit your usual riding conditions. (Usually I have 2knots on my pigs, one to include backstall and one to exclude it from the fully sheeted in bar position but backstall is not for newbies.)
These users thanked the author Herman for the post:
Guigassa (Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:22 pm)

Guigassa
Medium Poster
Naish park 2012 K10
Wainman boss 2010 K12
Nobile 2HD 2019

Postby Guigassa » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:22 pm

First i will try to figure out how much is the gap aproximately, then i will do those experimets you said!

Thank you very much!

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:00 pm

Guigassa wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:24 am
Ludmil wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:11 am
Original Naish bar.
Of 2011 too?
Do you still have it? If yes, can you see that difference for me?

I know how to tune the bar, i have brand new bars but the kite didn’t arrive yet, so i didn’t test it.
The problem is that for the info about it, the 2011 park don’t work with same length lines. So I didn’t have the opportunity to check the behavior of it.
It was easier for me if somebody as the exactly length of the lines. Or the difference.
Interesting. You still haven't had chance to try the kite out, but you're determined that you have to adjust your lines. Sounds litle confusing to me... especially when you already know the lengths required.
Another confusing thing is that you said you know how to trim your bar, suggesting to do the check LE down. :nono: It doesn't work like that unless the lines are w/ huge length difference, even though can be misleading...
All advices from the ppl above is basically one and the same and very relevant (so is the video I've posted) but you need to conclude whether you need adjustments in the first place.
Have fun. Try your kite first. :)

Guigassa
Medium Poster
Naish park 2012 K10
Wainman boss 2010 K12
Nobile 2HD 2019

Postby Guigassa » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:58 pm

Let’s see...

I don’t have the kite with me yet, but for the research on web i already know that the original bar is not with lines of the same length.
I have bars with lines of the same length perfectly tuneds.
I just want to know how much is the difference between the power lines and steering lines.

The thing to put the kite with the leading edge down with the power lines connected is to see the gap between the end of steering lines and the knot on the connection of the kite. I don’t know if it works or if we had another way too see it. I just will try. Another way to see it (as somebody told me, i never try it) is to put the kite in a wall and figure a aproximated length. If someone has a better idea i appreciate!

When i fly the kite i will discover it with the behavior of the kite, but it was much better for me if someone knows that it was x centimeters.

I think that i can make me understood now.

Other thing that we can pass away is that i’m not a beginner and i make all the maintenance of my kites and bars, exept the seams.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Good for you!
Be safe and have fun!
Bye

Guigassa
Medium Poster
Naish park 2012 K10
Wainman boss 2010 K12
Nobile 2HD 2019

Postby Guigassa » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:23 pm

:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for the help!

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone

Postby Topaz » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:18 am

Guigassa wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:58 pm
I just want to know how much is the difference between the power lines and steering lines.
I hope we've been clear about that. There is no gap. Parks ride on equal length lines bars. I've ridden Parks on a North Trust bar and a Cab Override bar as well as the Naish Universal bar. No problems. Always fine.
These users thanked the author Topaz for the post:
Guigassa (Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:28 am)

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:14 pm

Topaz wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:18 am

I hope we've been clear about that. There is no gap. Parks ride on equal length lines bars. I've ridden Parks on a North Trust bar and a Cab Override bar as well as the Naish Universal bar. No problems. Always fine.
Haha, indeed a lot of confusion because 2011 naish Bars had a 3m high split meaning the actual flying lines had a 3m difference between the front and back lines.

But the bar tuning was still equal total length from the chickenloop/bar up to the end of the lines on full power. Funny how many times we get confusion about this. :lol:
These users thanked the author evan for the post:
Guigassa (Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:28 am)

Return to “Kitesurfing”