Spleene Session 140
SuperShinn 135
Brand Affiliation: www.kite-eze.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NorthKites are Horrible

Postby balugh » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Too many of these threads....

Lighten up....it could be more like this....

http://youtu.be/0n_Ty_72Qds

Or maybe that's the point...it already is...

rocktor
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Jimmy Lewis
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby rocktor » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Although the topic doesn't do justice to the real problem, I can see why he is pissed off. I would be too if i bought a top brand board and do not get good customer service. Why doesn't someone from NORTH shut him up by making it up? I have seen my buddy markchatwin have issues with north wam fin availability. So clearly there is a problem.
I have never ridden North but always have heard good things about the brand.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:02 pm

ahusseini wrote:I had lost one of the quad fins on my north nugget
Do you want the spare fin i have from buying a set of them ?
Did you lose a back fin ?
When you look at bottom of board does it go into the right side finbox ?
I will give you a free fin to make you happy !
All you need to do is cover shipping charge from Florida USA
Tell me what you think

:cheers: :beer: :surf: :sun:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Well now there have been some sensible discussion here I will add to it just to show I'm no north wannabe zealout, but was just pissed at this guys juvenile comments on multiple posts.

North in my mind have got too big for their boots. Totally agree. Their grass roots interaction is nearly non existent.

I also to think they dropped the ball with their lines and bar in 2011/2012 and kites for that matter, the kite line up got somewhat confused in its intentions, Got better in 2013 and in the 2014 the kite line up and bar is a really good piece, especially the lines...except

Over engineered with too much bling that can go wrong...but we all know that is norths way. Give us clearly read and blue each side, not yellow with red and blue woven through that can't be seen during flight anyhow.

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m

Postby William Munney » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:19 am

Have not had any problems with my North gear beyond the usual wear and tear and Dan responded when I had a question. But from my experience shops/dealers are not interested in selling parts for kites and boards of any brand. Apparently the amount of research and work involved is not worth it. The major brands should sell parts direct at reasonable prices, similar to what Switch is doing. That would enhance the value of the brand, IMO.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:41 am

Agrred William...it's not just becuase they aren't interested. They have to wear the capital expenditure and keep these parts in stock. Much easier (and profitable) for north to have a website that the consumer can buy spare parts on-line.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:10 am

balugh wrote:Too many of these threads....

Lighten up....it could be more like this....

http://youtu.be/0n_Ty_72Qds

Or maybe that's the point...it already is...

Anyone keen to do a voice over thingy and have this guy talking to a north rep...?? :D

BBR
Rare Poster

Postby BBR » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:09 pm

ahusseini wrote:I had lost one of the quad fins on my north nugget (probably due to bad construction). I called BBR (UK) to obtain the replacement. To which they were happy to accept my payment with a schedule delivery date for one week.
Week two nothing happens. I call BBR and they inform me they have not received the fins
Week three I can - BBR claims that North informed them they are waiting for the 2014 fins which are the same as the 2013 fins
Week Four I call - BBR claims that someone from North will send fins from an an existing board
Week Six - I call today and I am told not before December 15th (i.e. 2 months) later will anything be delivered

Update: Dan @ North has been kind enough to handle the situation and he promised to take care of it. I truly appreciate his efforts and I retract my NorthKites are horrible. Perhaps it was the dealer, perhaps it was issues with the North supply chain. I hope that North will pay closer attention to its distribution Network as from a customers point of view it is at the end of the day Product you are buying through the dealer. Perhaps North can establish a direct store with customers online.

Hi all, its James from BBR.
I don't normally post too much on forums, focussing more on providing our support to customers through direct telephone calls, however, one of customers rung us to make us aware of this thread as he felt that it was not like us to have our levels of service depicted in this way.
Ali, we've spoken many times and have kept you upto date on everything that has happened.
We haven't taken any of your money, check your bank statements, we don't take money before having the parts here and ready to ship.
We stock 1000's of north parts here, I'll happily post a pick of our spares wall and boxes of bladders, bridals, even down to 100's of ironheart spares, going back to 2005.
Indeed we were refferred to by one of North's product managers when on a visit to our store as " the largest stockist of parts he has ever known a shop to hold".

However, we can only do so much in order to supply parts to our customers - If we haven't got in stock, and North haven't got in stock, and North's order has been delayed for any reason, there is not a lot we can do about it. Sometimes parts do take a while to get in, unfortunately kitesurf companies aren't as big as Honda or Ford, so they do on rare occasions run out of parts. You think North are bad, try dealing with some of the other "big" brands, let alone the smaller ones.

We've tried every possible way to get you a set of the original replacement fins supplied as fast as we can, even trying to "steal" some from the UK agent's unpacked demo board, but alas it was shipped to them without fins as North didn't have stock.

We, just this morning, went one step even further and found out that one of the marketing guys in head office at North HQ had a set of new fins (most likely for photo shoot) and had arranged to get these sent to you today (check your phone messages, we left one this morning) along with a free gift in way of an apology for the delay, which are to be shipped direct to you at no cost.

I'm not sure it is possible to offer any more service than what we have provided you and wish you good winds and smooth waves.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

WOW BBR great job !!!
Great Happy ending !!!
:cheers:

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil

Postby marekmk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:15 pm

dan appears to be the North whipping boy................he always tries, works bloody hard but appears to be without support from the rest of NORTH..........have dealt with him but thats where it all stopped and the organisation he works for seems to be disorganised. yes I know they produce some good flying kites, that they spend a fortune on advertising and marketing but they appear unable to create a decent customer support system for its loyal clients...........whats up north...........

Return to “Kitesurfing”