Forum for kitesurfers
xantos
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NorthKites are Horrible

Postby xantos » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Clearly a guy who likes and has enjoyed North products for a long time. WTF does paid agent mean? As you can see my very fist post was me happily touting the great customer derive i got. So i can't simply be a North fan? My posts would seem to indicate that i have questions about kites and performance of various kites. If i were an insider wouldn't i know this? You had a bad customer service experience which sucks, but I don't think it is fair to shit over other peoples threads. This thread may be fair, but you act the fool by doing hit and runs on other ones.

Shame on north to stooping to this level? What level? Providing solid products and customer service to a paying customer ? Yep shame on them how dare they...

ahusseini
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Dubai
Style: Free
Gear: Dyno

Postby ahusseini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:14 pm

NYKiter wrote:Are you sure the screw wasn't loose?
The "Bamboo" holding the screw became wide

ahusseini
Rare Poster

Postby ahusseini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Xantos, Read your first reply!!!

xantos
Rare Poster

Postby xantos » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Not sure what your point is and to be fair perhaps i am being a dick here but i was taken aback by you positing on 3 useful threads about various north kites. This thread is perfectly legit and my response is more to the other posts than this. I have not had the same experience as you in terms of product quality or customer service, but have no doubt you firmly believe they are not helping you the best they could and should and maybe the fin dropping is a quality or manufacturing issue. I do wish you luck getting it resolved.

I am not apologetic for my defense of what has been a great company to me, but perhaps i could have addressed it in a more civil matter and for that i apologize.

ahusseini
Rare Poster

Postby ahusseini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:30 pm

This has been my experience with North

North Dyno 15 Meters - Blew up after 5 months, perhaps I was inexperienced and did not check for scratches, but I also have an Ozone Edge and a Bandit 6 - Never a problem

North Harnes - 3 Months into use one of the screws holding the clip came loose. Called North dealer - never got a replacement. Used some regular screws (they are working for now)

North Pump - hose became loose from 1st week, and then the pump hose itself developed cracks in a year - my f-one and zone pumps are still functions 2 years later

North Nugget - The foot stapes keep coming out of the screws. and the footsteps keep tearing Finally I just bought other straps

North Nugget; The bamboo holding the screw loosed and I lost a fin. 2 Months later I am still trying to get a fin.

My other equipment - Bandit 6, Ozone Edge and Shinn Monk (no issues for the whole period)

Perhaps Xantos as your have so many North kites and boards you never use them to the extend less fortunate people like me use. To me I invest in my equipment and for that premium price (that i paid as an inexperienced rider) i would have at least expected some after sale support. I still like the Nugget a lot but whats the use if it is in the cupboard. Perhaps your North dealer in your area is great but you should consider yourself one of the lucky few

xantos
Rare Poster

Postby xantos » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Your disdain makes a whole lot more sense now and i can certainly understand your feelings. that is a big list... I know nothing about other North Dealers, maybe i am lucky to have a very good one in my region.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:42 pm

I too lost a fin on my Nugget. The notch in the fin was off by a hair and the screw wasn't able to fasten properly.

My bad, I don't blame it in north entirely. I should have checked
Better. Dealer sent a fin but got lost in mail. I use my other wam quad set now for it.

Pretty sure you should just buy a replacement futures fin from another source. Shouldn't be too costly.

Shit happens. It's gear made out of light materials.

ahusseini
Rare Poster

Postby ahusseini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks Coleman, but North in the UK (at least according to BBR - a dealer) do not have any fins to send - hence the thread

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:01 pm

ahusseini wrote:I had lost one of the quad fins on my north nugget (probably due to bad construction). ...
NO -- that would be due to an overanxious kite boarder,
that Forgot to check his equipment before entering the water ;
your suppose to look at that kind of stuff ---- at least once, EVERY day you go kiting.

Do you check your lines ; how about the kite stitching and valves, and all the
related QR stuff on the bar & the depower system ?
ahusseini wrote: ...
Week Six - I call today and I am told not before December 15th (i.e. 2 months) later will anything be delivered
Yes --- "That" would Piss Me off a LOT , to the point that i wouldn't buy
another item from them , Ever !!!!!

Bille
Last edited by Bille on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:02 pm

you might invest in a tube of loctite....never have an issue with screws coming loose...

Return to “Kitesurfing”