NorthKites are Horrible

Forum for kitesurfers
cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: NorthKites are Horrible

Postby cglazier » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:06 am

Hey fins fall out sometimes.. usually because they weren't screwed in tightly.

Anyway, you can get a Future fin at any kite shop if North doesn't have the exact replacement in stock. What's the big deal? ..it is a bit of a stretch to title this topic "NorthKites are Horrible" :roll:

:wink: CG

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:54 am

No not really, when you can by evidence offered, this douche has about as much useful information as my mother in law about kites and gear.

BigPaul
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North
Been thanked: 0

Postby BigPaul » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:45 am

Ok, so the original post has the right to complain about the poor service. The shop should not have taken his money if it did not have the part or could replace it within the specified time.

I know nothing of wave boards or fins and so will not comment.

That said I have North Rebels from 2009 to 2012 and bought a new kite each year as I loved them. I never had any warrenty issues as the kite were excellent in every way. apart from 2010 which was not as good in my opinion as the 2009 and the 2011. but that was a strut change and after a strenghing of that strut.

My point being you cannot say that North Kites are Horrible - just that you have had poor response. (Which I hope Dan will sort for you)

I don't know the issue with the new bar, but I guess if you have to keep re-inventing something every year you are not going to catch every little bug.

Why do I not fly North any more. I have my own little family now :D and could not afford new North gear. but I do love to treat myself each year so I went with a less expensive brand which I'm very pleased with.

Regards

Paul

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Dan-at-North wrote:Everyone in this industry tries hard. We also all make mistakes. Take it easy on us and let us work with you. Honey, not vinegar.
A right rear back fin came out of my wife's Whip 5'4" 2013 while she was riding
I am in charge of all our gear and had not checked lately if all her 4 fins were screwed in properly

Placed my order with kiteshop and a set a fins came in a week later and gladly paid for them

My wife never missed a day since we have 3 more Quad North boards with same size back fins

Dear OP if you need a rear left fin for your Nugget we will gladly give you that new fin at no charge

Our gift to U...all you have to do is pay for the shipping

When riding surfboard the extra fin we have goes on the left side
As seen from the bottom of the board it fits into the right side finbox

Sincerely Supa and better 1/2 who enjoys North ....5 Rebels ...2 Kontacts ....3 Whips ....1 Nugget

:cheers:

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:28 pm

I’ve had North from 2009 to 2013.

I've grown tired of fixing them, replacing lines every 3-4months and my hands getting tore apart from the bar falling apart from less than 6 months of use. (bar is nothing more than aluminum after using for 6 months). My 2011 Rebel was pure crap……

I can’t comment on customer service as it’s impossible to get where I kite (Brazil). I do kite allot and find most kites will not stand up to normal every week/day use. I think most are made cheap and will not stand up to the harsh kitting environment.

Do I think North is horrible… No
Do I think they are great…. No
Are they over priced for what you get…. F yes
Is north a head in the clouds company thinking they’re the best and not so great with their distributors…. Yes
Can north improve…. They are building same really shitty product and don’t seem to care. Year over year nothing changes

So instead of bitching I moved on like many others have.

When she’s ugly beer will make her pretty but you can’t stay drunk 7/24

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:36 pm

That's amazing yo me. SupaEZ kites over 200 days a year and has 2011 Rebels that all he has done is change the Depower Chix line. How do you have to replace lines every few months? Do you launch on asphalt or rocks?

Can't understand this.

14. :hut: :holiday: :holiday: :housewife: :housewife: :kiff: :kiff: :pump: :pump: :pump: :tv: :tv:

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Mostly its the Piranha and the Crocodiles

The lines are pure crap! It's real simple, I don't know why some people defend this like they work for North. If the lines don't bust the fiberglass bars in the canopy will (2011 Rebel) and punch holes through the canopy.

I just watched a guy with a new 2013 North 12m Rebel under six months brake a line last weekend. The guy is a beginner.... I had to go to the truck and get him a line.... Gave him all my extra north lines. I don't want to see them any more tired of it.

Buying a north kite? Better plan on spending another $300+ for Q-PowerLine set if you plan on kitting allot.

I'm a little pissed this problem has been with north for a long time and its an easy fix but they have done nothing year over year. Don't get me wrong I like the kites but this simple problem is driving customer away.

EZ 200 days a year..... Stop and eat something man your losing weight!

Ah I'm done with this rant.... Why O why do I get sucked into these threads.....

carry on....

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:45 pm

SupaEZ wrote: ...

Dear OP if you need a rear left fin for your Nugget we will gladly give you that new fin at no charge

Our gift to U...all you have to do is pay for the shipping

:cheers:
Dang-Dude !!
I feel like sending you some money for a 6'er of that Golden Monkey
for posting that ; sometimes you Can be a COOL GUY :
"when you Want to " !! :thumb: :cheers:

Bille

piccio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rome
Favorite Beaches: sardinia cape town
Style: wave
Gear: religion 5 6 8
firewire 5 11 maquina 5.9

Postby piccio » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Dear Ahusseini try to use a real surfboard at 35 knots with decent waves a tell something interesting.
foolishness yust to be heard!!!
one fin ,ridiculous!
I wonder so many kiter answering you.
anyway you are right nugget is horrible, a fresh water board I sold after few session and bought a kontact and a bigger kite

ahusseini
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Dubai
Style: Free
Gear: Dyno
Been thanked: 0

Postby ahusseini » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:05 pm

piccio wrote:Dear Ahusseini try to use a real surfboard at 35 knots with decent waves a tell something interesting.
foolishness yust to be heard!!!
one fin ,ridiculous!
I wonder so many kiter answering you.
anyway you are right nugget is horrible, a fresh water board I sold after few session and bought a kontact and a bigger kite

Great idea Piccio, let me try to ride at 35 knots with one fin missing. Perhaps i will learn that the fin I have been trying to order is not available. Great thinking. Love and Peace

Return to “Kitesurfing”