Local Beach: Dubai
Style: Free
Gear: Dyno
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NorthKites are Horrible

Postby ahusseini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:16 pm

I had lost one of the quad fins on my north nugget (probably due to bad construction). I called BBR (UK) to obtain the replacement. To which they were happy to accept my payment with a schedule delivery date for one week.
Week two nothing happens. I call BBR and they inform me they have not received the fins
Week three I can - BBR claims that North informed them they are waiting for the 2014 fins which are the same as the 2013 fins
Week Four I call - BBR claims that someone from North will send fins from an an existing board
Week Six - I call today and I am told not before December 15th (i.e. 2 months) later will anything be delivered

Update: Dan @ North has been kind enough to handle the situation and he promised to take care of it. I truly appreciate his efforts and I retract my NorthKites are horrible. Perhaps it was the dealer, perhaps it was issues with the North supply chain. I hope that North will pay closer attention to its distribution Network as from a customers point of view it is at the end of the day Product you are buying through the dealer. Perhaps North can establish a direct store with customers online.
Last edited by ahusseini on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Re: NorthKites are Horrible

Postby NYKiter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:39 pm

Are you sure the screw wasn't loose?
Last edited by NYKiter on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xantos
Rare Poster

Postby xantos » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:42 pm

I have had nothing but extraordinary service form North over the past 10 years. I have had boards replaced when I in no way expected them to. I have had kites repaired when one could argue it was not a manufacturing defect. All of my North gear which by now includes about 30 kites, 10+ boards and a few harnesses have always stood the test of time and when for whatever reason they didn't North stepped up and did the right thing.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm

thanks for posting it ahusseini.
i already knew their kites are mediocre and highly overpriced. and now i know they have lousy after sales.

looks like north rather spends money on pimps (like xantos here) than real support

ahusseini
Rare Poster

Postby ahusseini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:54 pm

I see the North Kite forum team on their toe. How much do you get paid?

ahusseini
Rare Poster

Postby ahusseini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:57 pm

To Xantos, Perhaps you call your paymasters at North, and check why they cannot send a simple replacement. Any experienced Kiter who has been around knows how bad North is

xantos
Rare Poster

Postby xantos » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Pimp? I wish, just an unaffiliated happy customer is all. If you flame expect flame back. I am sure he has a legit concern over the fin matter, but not sure this is the best way to deal with it is all... Flaming other posts that have been nothing but helpful is not helpful. This one thread would have been enough, but instead he chooses to simply shit on other threads.

xantos
Rare Poster

Postby xantos » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:59 pm

so are you not experienced?

ahusseini
Rare Poster

Postby ahusseini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Xantos - the following is a link to your posts on this Forum - it is clear you are a North paid agent. It is sad to see North stoop so low, instead of focusing on building good kites and services they have to pay losers like you
search.php?author_id=33966&sr=posts

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:07 pm

xantos wrote: All of my North gear which by now includes about 30 kites, 10+ boards and a few harnesses have always stood the test of time
How the hell would you know? Thats a new three kite quiver and board every year for a decade!

Return to “Kitesurfing”