Forum for kitesurfers
knotmyfault
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Worst purchase of 2013

Postby knotmyfault » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Core 19
I made the mistake of trying the kite in 14 knots… Things went well …
But in real light wind almost impossible to relaunch and the low end is not that good
Turbine SS much better in every aspect besides turning speed…

hightimes
Frequent Poster

Postby hightimes » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Some WEED that tasted like dry leaves and gave me a headache after it spoiled my whole kite session.
Luckily I sold the rest to some students who liked it a lot and had a great session.

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:07 pm

I am feeling lucky. I have bought and sold about 8 kites and bars, 3 harnesses, 2 boards, 2 leashes, two sets of straps and pads, 2 wetsuits, two pairs of booties..I know I am missing more.

My only regret was buying booties without trying them on first. Still a good product but the wrong size. Stupid move. Booties, gloves and wetsuits need to be tried on before purchase. These are local retailer purchases only for me.

Best purchase...Engine Harness.
Last edited by SalmonSlayer on Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

donchin
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby donchin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:34 am

hightimes wrote:Some WEED that tasted like dry leaves and gave me a headache after it spoiled my whole kite session.
Luckily I sold the rest to some students who liked it a lot and had a great session.

:jump: That is why I fly KLM!

kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitegrommet » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:00 am

Buying a new 2013 North Evo after a dealer tells me no big changes for next year,

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile

Postby fdvj » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:39 am

plummet wrote:
boyceduke wrote:@ plummet, is the 2013, C4 really that bad, I was thinking about getting a 9m, I also had the 2011, 10m and loved it... how much heavier is the bar pressure in 2013...
Its not a bad kite if you are doing unhooked wakestyle. For that purpose, which lets face it is its intended purpose, it is awesome.

But when you hook in and bar out the lines are unbelievably slack and the turning is muted considerably when hooked in.

The bar pressure is at least double. I have a stuffed wrist and elbow. The bar pressure was way to high for me. I also fly one handed a lot. One handed flying with was uncomfortable.. As was one handed jumping.

If you want to freeride hooked in and don't like high bar pressure then the 2013 c4 is not for you. I managed to swap my 2013 for a 2012 c4. Its more like the 2011 model.

I'm still on the hunt for a replacement kite for my 10m size. best one I've tried so far is the North Dice.
Shorten the back lines and put it in freestyle setting, I love the 2013 c4 but the slack in the back lines out of the bag makes it a dog for anything apart from wake style.

Return to “Kitesurfing”