knee brace for osteoarthritis

Forum for kitesurfers
ed257
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: knee brace for osteoarthritis

Postby ed257 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 pm

norcom wrote:They're actually doing stem cell injections into the knee, saw this a few days ago.
http://www.healio.com/orthopedics/biolo ... educe-pain

I always wondered how you get selected to be tested on with all this new stuff.
I hope these new procedures work well, are not too expensive and become common soon.

clydesdale
Frequent Poster

Postby clydesdale » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:42 pm

biotech company Anik Therapeutics recieved FDA approval for Monovisc for osteoarthritis today if interested - I am

Why Anika Therapeutics Inc. Shares Skyrocketed
By Sean Williams | More Articles | Save For Later
February 26, 2014 | Comments (0)

ANIKAnika Therap
CAPS Rating 3/5 Stars
Up $46.16 $11.69 (33.91%)

What: Shares of Anika Therapeutics (NASDAQ: ANIK ) , a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing therapies for tissue protection, healing, and repair, jumped as much as 52% after the Food and Drug Administration gave marketing approval for the drug Monovisc for osteoarthritis of the knee.

So what: According to Anika's press release, Monovisc "is a single injection supplement to synovial fluid of the osteoarthritic joint, used to treat pain and improve joint mobility in patients suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee." The injection will be marketed in the U.S. by DePuy Synthes, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ ) . Anika will receive a $5 million milestone payment upon the first commercial sale of the therapy by DePuy Synthes, and their agreement also affords Anika the opportunity to make more via royalties and other sale threshold milestones. Monovisc's approval was based on a study that showed a greater improvement from the baseline in the WOMAC pain score compared to the control arm at 12 weeks.

Now what: There's no way to construe this as anything but good news on the surface, given that the viscosupplementation therapy market is growing by double-digits on an annual basis, per Anika Therapeutics CEO Charles Sherwood. Anika has indeed delivered relatively steady growth over the last couple of years. Conversely, though, Anika will likely deliver in the neighborhood of $70 million in net product sales this year, and that's inclusive of all of its viscosupplementation products throughout the world. In other words, with a valuation of nearly $700 million, investors may have overshot what Anika is really capable of in the next few years, and that may be cause for caution with this stock near $50 per share.

docjibe
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Isabella
Favorite Beaches: Prea, La Ventana
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha kites, Ocean rodeo boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby docjibe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:48 am

I wore a Townsend Design custom OA brace for 18 years, the Cadillac of OA braces in my opinion.

clydesdale
Frequent Poster

Postby clydesdale » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”