Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Something new from Ozone

Forum for kitesurfers
Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Something new from Ozone

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Finally Ozone has produced a crossover kite that can be used on land/snow and water, available mid March

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Re: Something new from Ozone

Postby NYKiter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 pm

...looks like a WWII airship dirigible...

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:52 pm

NYKiter wrote:...looks like a WWII airship dirigible...

And everyone who Doesn't have there Head up there Ass, Knows :
"it's one of those funny blimp looking things, that currently holds the
land speed record in a buggy" !!

NO LEI, has ever come close .

:D

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby flyingweasel » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby marekmk » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:20 am

have seen three of these flying in the past few days, average wind over 2 min, 6knts.

super solid, does not make much sense as the kite has such a high aspect. beautiful to watch

in the air. this is a low wind race machine that nothing on the market for the time being will come close to.

I have owned 3 flysurfers over the years and have always ended up selling those kites, interested

in them but always disappointed the end. this kite might change my disappointment in ram air

kites

Life_Is_Awesome
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Keho, Alberta, Canada

Postby Life_Is_Awesome » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:30 am

Very excited for this kite! I love my Flysurfers, but competition is good. Great validation for the closed cell foil segment too. PMU will be very disappointed.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:50 am

Life_Is_Awesome wrote:Very excited for this kite! I love my Flysurfers, but competition is good. Great validation for the closed cell foil segment too. PMU will be very disappointed.

I'll be watching I would like to add a foil to the kit. Ozone knows how to make things that fly that's for sure.. This will be interesting. I would love a high aspect ratio 12m foil for 27-30kns.

I've been looking a the new FS 12m.... But now I think I'll wait a little longer

No more sleep for PMU. He will have to get the ctrl-c and ctrl-v buttons all warmed up!

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:40 am

Looks like an answer to the Elf kites that caused all the controversy this year.

Did the Elf kites wind up being able to compete at the world championships in China? I thought they got banned, but then I saw some in the video after the event.

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil

Postby marekmk » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:54 am

s1buell_wl wrote:
Life_Is_Awesome wrote:Very excited for this kite! I love my Flysurfers, but competition is good. Great validation for the closed cell foil segment too. PMU will be very disappointed.

I'll be watching I would like to add a foil to the kit. Ozone knows how to make things that fly that's for sure.. This will be interesting. I would love a high aspect ratio 12m foil for 27-30kns.

I've been looking a the new FS 12m.... But now I think I'll wait a little longer

No more sleep for PMU. He will have to get the ctrl-c and ctrl-v buttons all warmed up!
From my limited understanding this is a pure low wind kite for racing

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.

Postby Billy B. » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:58 am

Bille wrote:
NYKiter wrote:...looks like a WWII airship dirigible...

And everyone who Doesn't have there Head up there Ass, Knows :
"it's one of those funny blimp looking things, that currently holds the
land speed record in a buggy" !!

NO LEI, has ever come close .

:D
Billy,

Lets not confuse the task Brian accomplished with the gear he had, vs the gear no one else has tried.

If there were people trying to set buggy land speed on both then you would have a winner.

I wonder why are the speed run, water athletes not using a foil style kites to break the 60K mark on water, and maybe even how fast does a buggy go behind say a 7M or if they made it a 5m or 3.5m edge?

Here is your field? Paraglider top speed around 60kph( heavy speed bar) hang glider around 90kph. Why is this again?

I have lined up lots of buggy kites and other foils when I was a ozone athlete we wanted to see what was faster so we tried all of the kites we had ( lots of ozones fastest foil was the yakuzas, Peter Lynns, fly surfer pyscos, ozone mantas, frenzys) in the past and had them go head to head with Inflatables on snow speed runs and in my experience, the ridged air frame tended to be easier to go faster with, any distortion due to input error of the foil kite and you lose shape and power...Granted we are only going 60-70 mph on snow.

Not having to edge a buggy means handles work well, when you have to edge not so much.

A great foil kite on a bar may out run a pump up kite but in till I see it head to head I can only speculate based on my experience, with both.

I assume you have flown both head to head and have a personal favorite for speed runs?

I would love to see a shake down, but I think the results from current kite speed records where both foil and pump up kites are utilized speak for them selves.

I of course wish Ozone all the best with this new shape and hope it is super successful..

I may have my head up my ass as you say, but my merits would prove I am a competent kiter, weighing in on what seems like a straw mans argument about "those blimpy things"

Return to “Kitesurfing”