PMU = Thread & Forum Killer

Forum for kitesurfers
fourperf
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: PMU = Thread & Forum Killer

Postby fourperf » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:56 pm

you don't HAVE to read it. Kind of humorous I think.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:08 am

fourperf wrote:you don't HAVE to read it. Kind of humorous I think.
I never said I "read it". I said I don't want to "see it". It's like looking at the sun... I just need a glance to know it's there. :D

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:31 am

The only person capable of calling anyone a "forum killer" is Toby since it is actually a real possibility in his world. The rest of us "sheet for brains" (to coin another infamous poster who many complained about but was really about the only one who churned the cheese) have to bare with whatever we're fed, even though I wonder about certain manufacturers who seem to be endlessly promoting their products in spite of the forum's guidelines.

If anything, I'd like Toby to put limits on the amount of smilies you're allowed to use per post. (personal peeve) Nothing else insults me more than them, not PMU by a long shot, since he actually ends up accomplishing the opposite of what he beaches about.

fourperf
Frequent Poster

Postby fourperf » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:49 am

Da Yoda wrote:
I never said I "read it". I said I don't want to "see it". It's like looking at the sun... I just need a glance to know it's there. :D
true, I think I might have read it once too back in the day.

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 am

Kettle and the stove. Maybe more appropriate Twitter comments. Not forum killers but definitely soul killers.
fourperf wrote:
Da Yoda wrote:
true, I think I might have read it once too back in the day.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:13 am

Just put him on the for list and always come here logged in and there is no more problem.

I am actually astonished by the work PMU puts into his postings!
And all those links!

Pretty impressive!

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:25 am

haha...I haven't laughed out loud on any thread in a long time until I saw PMU's post on this thread. Classic. Well done PMU.

Here's why it's funny and ironic.

Yoda...by even mentioning PMU, you've fed the troll. Feeding is what keeps many posters coming back for more. You guys never learn. He may have valid points, he might not, but it really gets some people fired up.

So it's PMU's job to respond and since he's mentioned in the thread title, PMU already won before it started. I think Toby sees the irony also and as mentioned, don't read it or ban him.

Bob

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:42 am

PMU should be banned for his commercial use of the forum. He is promoting only LEI's and he doesn't pay for his advertising. He clearly has a business interest in his postings. There is no other member who consistently only posted about one topic.

I'm really disappointed that we still have to put up with his endless long and boring posts that ruin the enjoyment that members get from the forum.
These users thanked the author Dave_5280 for the post:
Pump me up (Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:30 am)
Rating: 3.03%

snobdr
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Dewey, Atlantic City
Been thanked: 0

Postby snobdr » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Yoda your a f'n cry baby. " oh i dont have look i know its there" shut the hell up. Why dontyou leave if you cant stand it? Theres a forum just for you fags. Its called PKF. They are just like you and ban anyone with any kind of opinion that is different then their own. Youll fit right in with the power kite fags.
Im sick of you bitches. PMU can post all he wants it dosent bother me one bit. And its almost funny that people like you get so upset about it. Hope it ruins your whole day everytime he posts.
Care to chime in now Kam?

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !
Been thanked: 0

Postby RichardM » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:34 pm

snobdr wrote:Yoda your a f'n cry baby. " oh i dont have look i know its there" shut the hell up. Why dontyou leave if you cant stand it? Theres a forum just for you fags. Its called PKF. They are just like you and ban anyone with any kind of opinion that is different then their own. Youll fit right in with the power kite fags.
Im sick of you bitches. PMU can post all he wants it dosent bother me one bit. And its almost funny that people like you get so upset about it. Hope it ruins your whole day everytime he posts.
Care to chime in now Kam?
EXACTLY CORRECT (assuming that PKF is described accurately which I don't know since i don't go there).

I would add that PMU deserves KUDOS for his TIME CONSUMING efforts to present REAL INFORMATION in an organized and informative manner, regardless of whether you believe it, or his conclusions therefrom, to be accurate or not.

I personally believe that much of the antagonism directed at him is BECAUSE his detractors KNOW they can't be anywhere near as convincing.

Moreover, you have to wonder about the thought processes of people who use a public forum, the point of which is specifically to convey INFORMATION and express OPINIONS, and who then try to restrict its use to only SOME users.

NOT very much like what the REAL Jedi would advocate.

Perhaps Yoda could start his OWN forum for the like-minded fascists who oppose free speech - I'll bet he could get lots of good coverage from the mainstream media.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

Return to “Kitesurfing”