joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: PMU = Thread & Forum Killer

Postby joriws » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 pm

flyingweasel wrote:Looks fine to me!
:)

You checked bad. I find many inaccuracies but let's mention PMU's competition and racing statements. I see that #1 PKRA ranked... Elfs also dominating races...

I also wonder why creators of the Edge are now suddenly making Chrono? Any good answers? Why make inferior kite with ram air technology which seems to be race oriented kite by high AR and 45ish cells? Or is it better than Edge? I hope Team Ozone racers will never use foil^2 because PMU will loose his/her pressure. :)

Interesting times 2014.. :)

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:
SalmonSlayer wrote:
Why?? Is it too hard to hold your finger on the mouse and scroll down quickly? Really??

Do you people really pay attention to what you write?

Do you realize how good you have it in life for these issues to be problems that cause friction for you? Have we really become that soft?
It isn't too hard, but why not fix problems instead of putting up with them for years, is that to hard? Really?

You paid attention.

It's better to fix your problems in life - soft is being complacent.
You seem to miss the point. I don't see it as a problem. This forum is a great place for open discussion. It loses value to me when voices are dampened. If you and those that want to ban or muzzle members get your way you will ultimately lower the quality of information and the value of visiting this website.

This is a great forum as is. The fact that we get to converse OPENLY with people all over the world about kiteboarding is a great privilege. I feel lucky. The last thing it needs is "book burners".

Forums are not a place for free speech, They are a place for open discussion. How open it is, is up to the moderators of the forum. These are the people that must constantly make decisions between keeping the quality high and retaining and growing participation. I dont follow every move made on this website, but I think it is moderated fairly well.

Gioro_T
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Various
Location: They don't call them the GREAT Lakes for nothin'...
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Gioro_T » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Yo Toby ! (and everyone else !)

How about we add an option to make it possible to ignore certain user's posts.
This way you wouldn't have to scroll down 10 pages just to get over 1 silly PMU post that you don't wanna glance at.

Easy !

Let's be doing that !

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Gioro_T wrote:Yo Toby ! (and everyone else !)

How about we add an option to make it possible to ignore certain user's posts.
This way you wouldn't have to scroll down 10 pages just to get over 1 silly PMU post that you don't wanna glance at.

Easy !

Let's be doing that !
It exist now

go to "User Control Panel"
then to "board preferences"
then to "Friends and Foes"

"Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:57 am

SalmonSlayer wrote:
Dave_5280 wrote:
SalmonSlayer wrote:
Why?? Is it too hard to hold your finger on the mouse and scroll down quickly? Really??

Do you people really pay attention to what you write?

Do you realize how good you have it in life for these issues to be problems that cause friction for you? Have we really become that soft?
It isn't too hard, but why not fix problems instead of putting up with them for years, is that to hard? Really?

You paid attention.

It's better to fix your problems in life - soft is being complacent.
You seem to miss the point. I don't see it as a problem. This forum is a great place for open discussion. It loses value to me when voices are dampened. If you and those that want to ban or muzzle members get your way you will ultimately lower the quality of information and the value of visiting this website.

This is a great forum as is. The fact that we get to converse OPENLY with people all over the world about kiteboarding is a great privilege. I feel lucky. The last thing it needs is "book burners".

Forums are not a place for free speech, They are a place for open discussion. How open it is, is up to the moderators of the forum. These are the people that must constantly make decisions between keeping the quality high and retaining and growing participation. I dont follow every move made on this website, but I think it is moderated fairly well.
PMU doesn't discuss anything. He copies and pastes boilerplate text over and over - that is the open discussion you want to protect.

PMU should be banned. This comes up repeatedly.

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:21 am

Dave_5280 wrote:
PMU doesn't discuss anything. He copies and pastes boilerplate text over and over - that is the open discussion you want to protect.

PMU should be banned. This comes up repeatedly.
See below and personalize your own forum view instead of deciding what is good for everyone else.
SalmonSlayer wrote:
go to "User Control Panel"
then to "board preferences"
then to "Friends and Foes"

"Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:11 am

Da Yoda wrote:This was a perfectly good thread until PMU came on there and completely "hijacked" it (like every other thread he's posted on).
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2383629

I told Toby that if he really wants to improve his website for 2014, get rid of idiots like PMU. Toby's response was this...
"the good thing is, that PMU is not hijacking topics...he starts his own and rants on there...which is fine, it is his opinion, and everyone who doesn't like it, doesn't need to click any of his topics.
So it is pretty easy to ignore him"

Are you f'ing kidding me? PMU not hijacking? PMU's posts are NOT mere rants of his opinion, instead it's a never ending diatribe of fictional garbage. The fact that PMU took almost an entire page to reiterate his "opinion" on this recent thread is completely unacceptable. Really Toby, you don't consider this behavior as inappropriate?

Toby - Get PMU gone for good!!! Your creditability, your website and the entire kiter community will all be better off without him. :thumb:
Toby it is time for you to step up and tell us what you are going to do about the PMU problem.

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Been thanked: 0

Postby DrLightWind » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:34 am

Dave_5280 wrote:Toby it is time for you to step up and tell us what you are going to do about the PMU problem.
I don't think it is a problem, he has the right to post like everybody else!
The only thing could be done if Toby wanted to is to limit the lengthy post
to tone it dawn to 500 or whatever words limit per / posting :idea:

DrLW

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:44 am

Babel wrote:Nah, why kick him out, he is a fun little guy, just like supaez and Bob Marley.
...............................Pumpy :pump: ........Supa :happybirthday: .........Bob :kiff: .....................................
Last edited by SupaEZ on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dave_5280 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:47 am

DrLightWind wrote:
Dave_5280 wrote:Toby it is time for you to step up and tell us what you are going to do about the PMU problem.
I don't think it is a problem, he has the right to post like everybody else!
The only thing could be done if Toby wanted to is to limit the lengthy post
to tone it dawn to 500 or whatever words limit per / posting :idea:

DrLW
None of us have any rights to post, and limiting the post length is not the only thing Toby could do. Toby has banned people in the past. He should ban PMU now.

Return to “Kitesurfing”