Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Average Joe Kite Review - Epic Infinity V3

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Average Joe Kite Review - Epic Infinity V3

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Sooo, what's your point with all these stories about Infinity-s that you've supposedly sent out to other riders for tests?
Are you trying to discredit the XLkites guys? Seems like you lacking some class in that regard - as usual...
Are you trying to prove that the Infinity "got the power"? But the original review was already pretty clear on the fact that Infinity had more than enough power, just that it had a tendency to pull way too much downwind below a certain threshold VS all the other kites in the review, as well as the Infinity wasn't as easy to hold in stronger winds as some other kites in the same review.
If you have issues comprehending, nobody has told that the Infinity was a bad kite, it just wasn't as good as other kites in the test when compared side by side. (Or - according to you - XLkites guys weren't simply good enough?).
If you want to be at least somewhat legit in your endless "once again"-s, why don't you start sending other kites along with the Infinity for demos? The music beat might sound a little different from all these "happy-customer" stories you were feeding.
So, Mr. Once Again, once again - what's your point and whom and exactly of what are you trying to convince?
My point Mr.alexeyga, is for people to get a chance to demo any of these kites so they can get a better idea of the performance of the kites and see if the kite fits their riding style.
I have nothing to hide, all I know is how good the INFINITY V3 is in light wind and this has been proven so many times from testimonials, reviews, videos, you name it. But still you should try it before buying it.

Here let me repeat again in case you did not understand..
My point is that every rider is different. You might like this type of kite but some one else might not. You might not be as skilled as the rider that just tested the kite or vise versa, the tester that just tested the kite had different skills then you. Maybe you use different board or you are much lighter then the person that just did the review. Also the condition the person kites in might be totally different then the conditions you kite in. So in few words if people have the chance to demo these kites they should do it before they make a bad choice from listening to all these reviews and testimonials. Who knows they might buy the INFINITY V3 because of some of the good reviews and find out that the kite is not for them. Or they might buy another brand and find out that the review they just saw was totally BS. So once again, if you get a chance demo the kites to see if the kite is good for you.
Let me know if you want me to write this in French and Greek?

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby matth » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:33 pm

How did this thread turn into such a complete cluster f@@k ?

styleito
Medium Poster
Style: ito
Gear: Too much and not enough

Postby styleito » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:36 pm

matth wrote:How did this thread turn into such a complete cluster f@@k ?
It was a foregone conclusion as soon as OP typed "Epic" in the title.

wytcap
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby wytcap » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:01 pm

One time at band camp there was a ( ) kite!

wytcap
Medium Poster

Postby wytcap » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Anyone try the Star kites Taina 17m?

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:31 pm

What I find comical (not that I think anyone really is concerned by what amuses me) is that two individuals can't seem to help themselves with anything that deals with Epic kites! Just when you think that this thread will fade into the distance, two people dredge up past issues (really fella's it has grown old awhile ago) and continue the assault! If you don't like Epic, Dimitri, or whatever associated with this brand than just ignore it! The two of you follow him around the forum like obsessed groupies when there are so many other quality threads to contribute into. I agree with the guys that are wondering how this thread became such a disaster? I for one am longing for warmer temps and my beautiful wife in her bikini :naughty:

James

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Hello Epic Infinity thread! Long time listener, first time caller.
lobodomar wrote:No innovative light wind technology in neither the Contra nor Flite... OR dumped the 4 strut concept and the "venturi system" (now that was supposed to be an innovative technology...) Light weight bladders, thin struts, everything has been available for a while.
Unfortunately, this statement is misleading. We are one of a very few brands lucky enough to have a full time, in house designer working on kite designs and even luckier to say that he's been our in house designer for over 13 years. There are very few people in the industry with Ross Harrington's kite design pedigree so, while there is no new "technology" on our Flite light wind kite this season there is absolutely new and novel thoughts that have gone into the kites' design.

When designing kites it's obvious to say the 1st consideration is the desired flight characteristics and expected use conditions. For light wind kites we see these kites typically operate with very little wind and they are expected to perform over a very limited wind range, typically about 8-20 knots. Whereas a high performance kite like the Razor will be designed to operate in higher wind conditions, over a larger wind range and will therefore be subjected to more dramatic changes in the angle of attack.

This newest generation of Flite was designed with a much longer cord and thicker air foil. Combined, this creates a stable, easily controlled kite that is not prone to stalling. The Razor has a much shorter cord and flatter air foil, making it a more responsive, fast flying kite that operates over a greater sheeting range and therefore needs the added security of the vents to offset the chance of a stall.

What's more, the Razor has a much higher initial angle of attack built into the kite whereas the Flite does not, again making the vents unnecessary additional weight on the Flite but crucial for the Razor.

As Dimitri has said a few times here, I also encourage you to try a kite before you buy it and am delighted to tell you to contact the guys at XL for a demo or your local dealer. With over 13 years experience in the industry and a stellar track record of both customer support and innovative, thoughtful design I would hope you'd consider Ocean Rodeo for your next kite but ultimately encourage you to ride any kite that works for your style and preference, so long as you're on the water and smiling. Trolling the internet is just plain boring.

See you on the water!

JZ~OR

PS - This video includes a section where Ross explains the design logic behind this generation of Flite. Click to play!

Last edited by ORSales on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:47 am

Dimitri M wrote:
It's great to here you are doing so well Dimitri but I don't see it. You talk about working with specific shops but have been caught not supporting the shops and selling gear directly out of your car. Rumor has it that is why Kitty Hawk Kites doesn't sell Epic kites anymore. A few weeks ago, you did a demo in the keys and didn't call the shop to arrange a demo. Then you sold kites to people without mentioning the shop that sells your brand. I have talked to a few of those people to see if we could get them gear and all said no as you were hooking them up. You had a few people that were interested in the gear but since you blew them off they have decided to go with another brand. If you were doing so good then this would not be happening so I am calling bullshit!
Known you for close to 15 years but I think it may be time to drop your brand since you are not pushing sales to the shops.
Dear noel, its great that we have know each other for 15 year but I don't think that has anything to do with what ever we think you are a good dealer for Epic or not. We actually have very strict requirements for our dealers world wide and they have to maintain minimum orders per year which the shop you work for was was never able to do so. But I was happy to supply the kite to the shop for resale when you did have an occasional order, especially because of our relation ship. And yes I did come to the Keys and did few demos and people did love the kites and wanted to buy them on the spot. Which I didn't until I was done with my demos. So now some of these guys are enjoying their Epic kites.
Now concerning KITTY HAWK KITES, as much as we admire their business, they carry a large variety of kites and would often advise some one to buy a different brand of kites because Kitty Hawk Kites could make a larger profit margin. So I would send people directly to KHK to find out they were told to buy something else vs the Epic kite they just tried. Which later on after spending some time on their new product they bought from them where very un happy with the performance compare to the Epic kites. It has happened over and over again (If you want I can send you these emails privately, so you get a better understanding of what's going on )
Concerning selling kites from the back of my car, sure I do that once in the while and they are demo and used kites that I personally want to get ride of since the shops don't want them. These are the same demo/used kites we sell on our "Epic Online Store". What's wrong with that!!!
Now concerning the shop you work for, we actually did remove them as an Epic dealer since last year, but I always send people your way for lessons.
As for being a dealer, at least you admit to us being a dealer but its hard to make sales when you are selling on the beach. Not much interest in Epic last year. Two locals did call you and ask if there was a shop in the keys that supports Epic and you said no and sold them kites.

I wish I could find the post from Ben about how the Epics were the best ever and he was selling his switchblades to buy a quiver of kites from you. Swore by them in the email you showed. I just got off the phone with him and he said he saw you pull the new kite from the plastic, demo it and then sell it. That would be this guy:http://keys.craigslist.org/spo/4322612517.html selling that kite to buy a quiver of Switchblades. Only had it a few weeks and now only $850.00 for a 2014 kite.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:53 am

noel wrote:It's great to here you are doing so well Dimitri but I don't see it. You talk about working with specific shops but have been caught not supporting the shops and selling gear directly out of your car. Rumor has it that is why Kitty Hawk Kites doesn't sell Epic kites anymore. A few weeks ago, you did a demo in the keys and didn't call the shop to arrange a demo. Then you sold kites to people without mentioning the shop that sells your brand. I have talked to a few of those people to see if we could get them gear and all said no as you were hooking them up. You had a few people that were interested in the gear but since you blew them off they have decided to go with another brand. If you were doing so good then this would not be happening so I am calling bullshit!

Known you for close to 15 years but I think it may be time to drop your brand since you are not pushing sales to the shops.
Inspite of the usual nut huggers defending Dmitri, I can honestly see how that would piss you off. Infact it would piss anyone who had invested money in stock, it is totally understand in my opinion.
Last edited by UKSurf on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:06 am

As for being a dealer, at least you admit to us being a dealer but its hard to make sales when you are selling on the beach. Not much interest in Epic last year. Two locals did call you and ask if there was a shop in the keys that supports Epic and you said no and sold them kites.
I wish I could find the post from Ben about how the Epics were the best ever and he was selling his switchblades to buy a quiver of kites from you. Swore by them in the email you showed. I just got off the phone with him and he said he saw you pull the new kite from the plastic, demo it and then sell it. That would be this guy:http://keys.craigslist.org/spo/4322612517.html selling that kite to buy a quiver of Switchblades. Only had it a few weeks and now only $850.00 for a 2014 kite.
My dear Papa Noel, just so you know this topic is about the review on the INFINITY V3 by the average Joe. If you have a problem with me or Epic then please start a new thread or email me or even better call me since you know me for 15 years like you mentioned on your previous post. But again the kites I have in my truck don't have plastic. Maybe he saw me opening a new pump that was inside a plastic bag. All the kites I have in my truck have straps around them because they are my demo and only few of them will have their own bag but no plastic bags. The ones that have a plastic are sent from the office directly to the customers that buy the kites on our "Online Store" or to the dealers. And for your information this is the truck I was using in the Keys during my demos last month. So once again please get your story and facts straight. You did the same thing on your previous post about Kitty Hawk Kites.
Attachments
IMG_4548.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”