Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Make kites in the USA?

Forum for kitesurfers
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Make kites in the USA?

Postby matth » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:11 pm

james wrote:So learning difficulties or disabled = cheap source of labour?

Your fucking sick!

You think they should be great full to have a job so accept being paid less?

Why is their time worth less than anyone else's?

I can't wait to see your fucking apauling reasoning behind your idea...
James take a deep breath , relax!!!

Maybe you are not aware but there are many organization in the US that do exactly that.
They offer companies cheap labor by being able to give jobs to people that would otherwise not be able to work at all. These programs are design to get people out working and feeling useful, and being a productive citizens. I did not create the idea, but have been approached by folks who run the programs. If you think its so wrong , write your congressmen or senator a letter.

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:36 pm

hey if its backed by the gov then its cool right?

does anyone even try and justify why they get a lower rate of pay or society (USA ) just accepts it?

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 pm

james wrote:hey if its backed by the gov then its cool right?

does anyone even try and justify why they get a lower rate of pay or society (USA ) just accepts it?
I have no use for people that exploit others. I have been under the impression that these groups are well intentioned, but like most things I am sure there are some horror stories.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:16 am

james wrote: ...

And exactly Where was Your kite made (?) ; china a bet ?

So-- it's OK to exploit a race of people less fortunate than you, but giving a
job to someone that's probably gonna cost more to watch the person, than the
money Ya pay them ; all because the employer wanted to make someone feel better
about themselves.
What is that definition for : "hypocritical" once again ?
matth wrote: ...

I have no use for people that exploit others. I have been under the impression that these groups are well intentioned, but like most things I am sure there are some horror stories.
GOOD WILL thrift store is a decent example, people that were otherwise unemployable, get a
job, and in return ---- Good-Will gets a reduction in there taxes ; a Win-Win !! :thumb:

I believe WallMart does the same ; just not to the same extent ?

Bille

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:09 am

Billie my point is that what ever the labour cost in what ever country makes what ever product there shouldn't be a different pay structure for two people doing the same job to the same standard on the same production line just because one of them is disabled?

is that fair? nice? or justifiable?

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby William Munney » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:13 am

james wrote:Billie my point is that what ever the labour cost in what ever country makes what ever product there shouldn't be a different pay structure for two people doing the same job to the same standard on the same production line just because one of them is disabled?

I think if they were able to produce the same product with the same efficiency they would not be in a special program for disabled workers. Otherwise I agree with you.

matth
Very Frequent Poster

Postby matth » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:48 am

William Munney wrote:
james wrote:Billie my point is that what ever the labour cost in what ever country makes what ever product there shouldn't be a different pay structure for two people doing the same job to the same standard on the same production line just because one of them is disabled?

I think if they were able to produce the same product with the same efficiency they would not be in a special program for disabled workers. Otherwise I agree with you.
Exactly, of course that would be wrong.

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Why not get the homeless to make kites? Or what about those monkey's that used to do those PG tips ads?

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.

Postby Billy B. » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:22 pm

matth wrote:
james wrote:hey if its backed by the gov then its cool right?

You would be correct, My wife teaches Special education in the US the exploitation of disabled workers in the US is unreal.

Here is a Forbes piece mentioning Goodwill. Google will give you a bunch claiming the practices is outdated and incredibly prejudiced. People who work should be paid a fair wage.

Here is a nice video for NBC news. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X281y5dA6dU

"A provision in the Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) of 1938 gives employers the right to pay people with disabilities below the minimum wage. " yup 1938 is just like today.....so sad

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/ ... d-workers/

The FLSA has been under attack for decades, no one in the disabled community thinks they deserve less money then a able person, Only able people think it is OK to discriminate against the disabled.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm gonna need to reevaluate my stance on this , (slightly off-topic) subject ! :o

Bille

Return to “Kitesurfing”