Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish monarch

Forum for kitesurfers
Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish monarch

Postby Ludmil » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:54 pm

tautologies wrote:I have Ronix One. Mine are a bit too tight.

I just got the new monarch, and I am quite sure it'll be great for boots. Its stiffer, and I feel more in control. Still have the velvety feel to it...

I thought it's little bit flexier at the tips compared to the old one...
Moreover Naish's index is 29 this year.
Anyway, which one you've got Alex - 134 again?
The old one is so sweet, but still, I'm looking for a proper forecast to have comparable test the 2015.
L.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:12 am

Ludmil wrote:
tautologies wrote:I have Ronix One. Mine are a bit too tight.

I just got the new monarch, and I am quite sure it'll be great for boots. Its stiffer, and I feel more in control. Still have the velvety feel to it...

I thought it's little bit flexier at the tips compared to the old one...
Moreover Naish's index is 29 this year.
Anyway, which one you've got Alex - 134 again?
The old one is so sweet, but still, I'm looking for a proper forecast to have comparable test the 2015.
L.
Yes. still the 134 size. I got fatter. I feel like i have more / tighter control on the new one.. I did not try them side by side. If I get out in the near future I'll see if I can get a chance to try them side by side.
It could very well be more flex at the tips..I think overall it feels less flexy...but I tend to ride surfboards more so there is there is definitely some time between the old and new ride...

joandani
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels (Barcelona)
Style: Old School / New School / Surf strapless
Gear: Naish Torchs 12 /9 2010
Airush Razor 7m
Slingshot Fuel 5m
Clash 136

Postby joandani » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi everyone, I want to take again this post, only to know more info about the new 3º edition of the monarch.

I have been user of Naish Monarch since the first model.
I was in love with that first monarch 134! but it had a warranty problem, and start breaking the board on both parts just near inserts, and Naish send me the second monarch 2015 136 this time.

I felt, just touching the board out of water, that the good rocker that has the first version deasappeard, and the little perfect flex, in my opinion, that had the first version, also deasappeared.
But I tried it and liked it, but since then, I still prefer the first one, only because the first one was more permissive with my knees :)

So my question is: the 3º monarch is like the 2º one in stiffness? Any other differences?

May be the new naish dub has the same flex or rocker than the first monarch? Anyone can make a comparison report¿?

Thanks in advance!

JD

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Got to spend 20 minutes on one on Saturday in some really choppy conditions. It grips better than any other board I've ridden, and I've tried about a dozen kiteboards this year.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi all,
This is my 10th day after an ACL reconstruction op,and I been thinking lately if the DUB is going to be better for my knee. Torn it when decided to have looping sesh with straps :( and now I have months of rehab ahead.
They have added 2 more sizes ty and probably 140 is my size ...?
Monarch is stiffer and even stronger this year, and yes it looks awesome but I felt I need more lenght for boots ...
Yes, 2015 feels stiffer, and I guess this is due to the lower rocker /same for 2016/.

oceansprince
Medium Poster
Local Beach: chios contari
Favorite Beaches: prasonisi
Style: waveride freestyle
Gear: cabrinha , wainman hawaii
Been thanked: 0

Postby oceansprince » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:09 am

I try to find the weight of monarch and none knows.. And why i think that the stifness of 2016 is changed? Anyone knows? The naish have in site that 2015 is L 27 and now 2016 is L 25,,,,

Return to “Kitesurfing”