Keahi loses the bar now also.

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Keahi loses the bar now also.

Postby tautologies » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Bob Marley wrote::rollgrin:

You should see if you can get it as a vanity license plate for you car!!!! :naughty:
Too long. :/

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:39 pm

I'm not really into the waves because great lakes don't have them but I really admire Ruben Lenten because he represents to me what it is all about, going large and making kiteboarding look brutal. Kevin Langeree is another favorite of mine, and of course Aaron Hadlow is the master, I love how smooth he looks. I'm also a fan of Toby Brauer, he's got some solid hooked moves and takes the sport in a good direction. And of course I also love watching Michigander Chris Bobryk throw down. Locally there is a kiter in Tawas, "Safety Rick" who has the fearless sort of style I really like. There are also kiters who are not that advanced that I like what they do, there is one local kiter Xavier who has an incredible indy grab, I know it seems simple and not complicated, but he does it so well, I like watching it every time.

So many kiters to me are amazing and awesome both those who are below my level and those who are above. I don't understand how anyone can kite so much and have so much hate for other kiters. It's hard to hate when you are out there riding.

But even tho I dont wave ride when I see someone like Keahi I have a lot of respect.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bob Marley » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:15 pm

edt wrote:I'm not really into the waves because great lakes don't have them but I really admire Ruben Lenten because he represents to me what it is all about, going large and making kiteboarding look brutal. Kevin Langeree is another favorite of mine, and of course Aaron Hadlow is the master, I love how smooth he looks. I'm also a fan of Toby Brauer, he's got some solid hooked moves and takes the sport in a good direction. And of course I also love watching Michigander Chris Bobryk throw down. Locally there is a kiter in Tawas, "Safety Rick" who has the fearless sort of style I really like. There are also kiters who are not that advanced that I like what they do, there is one local kiter Xavier who has an incredible indy grab, I know it seems simple and not complicated, but he does it so well, I like watching it every time.

So many kiters to me are amazing and awesome both those who are below my level and those who are above. I don't understand how anyone can kite so much and have so much hate for other kiters. It's hard to hate when you are out there riding.

But even tho I dont wave ride when I see someone like Keahi I have a lot of respect.

You are easily impressed. :o

Why don't you move to a spot with waves that doesn't have frozen water half the year? I'd be bored after an hour kiting on a lake. :bye:

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Bob Marley wrote: Why don't you move to a spot with waves that doesn't have frozen water half the year? I'd be bored after an hour kiting on a lake. :bye:
I don't mind when it's frozen, snow kiting is really fun. But it would be nice to have some decent waves.

Return to “Kitesurfing”