Medium Poster
Local Beach: Haverdal, Sweden
Style: Freeride TT, strapless foil and wave
Gear: Naish Pivot 9,12 Nash Slash 5,7
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: New 2015 naish pivot?

Postby Pellesurf » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Tried my new Pivot 7 yesterday for the first time, it felt very nice and was very quick although the wind was a bit weak, 20 kn.
Now ill waiting for my Pivot 10, get it for 6 weeks, a long time waiting.
I also got a Draft 12 and a Core riot xr3 17 lw. I think that my Draft have some good properties, good
low end, speed, nice lift/hangtime and very nice upwind ability but at the same time it feels a bit boring, quite slow turning and a heavy bar pressur. Now i thinking to change my Draft 12 to a bigger Pivot, but witch size, 12 or 14 ? Anyone who compared the Draft and the Pivot in bigger sizes ?
Pelle :)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Pellesurf wrote:Tried my new Pivot 7 yesterday for the first time, it felt very nice and was very quick although the wind was a bit weak, 20 kn.
I also got a Draft 12 and a Core riot xr3 17 lw. I think that my Draft have some good properties, good
low end, speed, nice lift/hangtime and very nice upwind ability but at the same time it feels a bit boring, quite slow turning and a heavy bar pressur. Now i thinking to change my Draft 12 to a bigger Pivot, but witch size, 12 or 14 ? Anyone who compared the Draft and the Pivot in bigger sizes ?
6 weeeeeeks?? Damn. Well its worth the wait.
Draft 12 is killer for high jumps and hangtime, but if you are intending to use that kite in the waves, I'd say get a pivot. In terms of size, I'd say the draft has a slight edge, but not a ton over the pivot. I have not tried them side by side tho. I think you could get away with a 12, but considering how much praise the 14 gets and it being a lightwind weapon.

RDM
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby RDM » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:25 am

So the Pivot has a strong low end for its size, better than the same sized Draft..??

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:27 am

RDM wrote:So the Pivot has a strong low end for its size, better than the same sized Draft..??
No I would not say better than the draft. It does pull different, but I did not intend to say the pivot had more low end. I'd say the draft is geared more towards the low end, but the pivot is good too. So, all in all, if the point was to get out the absolute earliest on a raceboard I'd choose the draft everyday. If the only point was hangtime same thing..but the pivot is definitely not far behind especially when it comes to jumping and hangtime.

Pivot has insane hangtime, great low end, and super easy to use. Has a bit more power in loops, but still has the soft loops...pivot looks better looping tho...and if you ever plan to use the kite in waves its pivot every time.

:-)

KVL
Medium Poster

Postby KVL » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:06 am

Cant wait to try my Pivot 14! Still in plastic... No time for it :(

:)

Pellesurf
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Haverdal, Sweden
Style: Freeride TT, strapless foil and wave
Gear: Naish Pivot 9,12 Nash Slash 5,7

Postby Pellesurf » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Ok, I dont go for waves with a bigger pivot, just freeriding on a tt. In smaller sizes (7, 10) I mostly going to waveriding strapples on a skater 5"9, but also freeriding on a tt.
Is the Pivot fast turning and have quick respons in bigger sizes, 12,14 ?
I have just sold my Park set 7,10,14. Think that my Park 14 pulls much downwind, the Pivot maybe pulls more forward than the Park but not so much that the Draft do ?
Shame that it is not in the size 13, would be perfect for my set.
I dont go on a raceboard with my Draft and I think the Pivot will be a lot more fun.
Hmm, size 12 or 14 ?

fcwatersports
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandbanks Poole
Favorite Beaches: Big Bay CPT Silver sands,WA
Gear: Slingshot, Cabrinha, Naish, Wainman, Ride Engine, Pro-limit
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot, Cabrinha, Naish, Wainman, Ride Engine, Pro-limit
Has thanked: 0

Postby fcwatersports » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Pivot 12m is so good, my last light wind session i had on it, was in barbados 3 people out, all on 9m with foils.. i was on skater M with 12m pivot on the reef. and having a blast, the kite is plenty quick enough, with it being so quick you can generate the power anyway. the upwind performance of the pivot is also exceptional, the nice thing about the pivot is the bar pressure, it pretty much spot on, so you really do not feel like your throwing around a 12m. I went out on saturday in 16, gusting 25 knots and had an absolute amazing boosting session. the hang time on the pivot is something else. one of our customers was out with me on a 12m Park 2015 and there was a noticeable difference in upwind performance and hang time between the two kites. I also found during the lulls i could un-hook and bar pass with the pivot, its not advertised as this style of kite but it worked really well, yes there isn't a great deal of slack, but the pop is immense, and the kite dose not fly to the edge of the window like you would expect. i know its not a great comparison but if you have flown a switchblade and lets face it they are very good kites, the Pivot is like a refined version with better graphics, and a lighter bar feel, and better re launch. I am not sure how they are selling in other parts of the world, but it really is one of the best kites on the market at present. and i have heard rumours that the guys at kite world mag also really really rate it.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:25 am

Pellesurf wrote:Tried my new Pivot 7 yesterday for the first time, it felt very nice and was very quick although the wind was a bit weak, 20 kn.
They have such good wind range that I would probably get the 14m. My 12 is my favorite to fly but I rarely pump it up because I know the 14m will cover everything. If you get the 14m you'll probably find yourself on it rather than the Core. I sold My fatlady After purchasing the 14m pivot. I no longer needed it. Im in san diego and the average wind speed here is 13mph. The 14m pivot rocks 13-20 mph at 217lbs !

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:47 am

I just noticed that the Vids are out for the 2016 Ride,Trip,Fly and Draft ! Are they skipping the pivot this year ? Here's the Vid
http://www.naishkites.com/game-201516-n ... ollection/

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:29 am

Lol no there would be riots if they skipped that. Park and pivot is released in the fall.

Return to “Kitesurfing”