Forum for kitesurfers
Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Used kite market over saturated?

Postby Krazedkiter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:17 pm

I see your points. I have not bought a used kite yet though I have been looking since I need a kite size that I will probably use very little. I can say first hand that if you advertise a used kite for a high price, it scares me away right off and shows to me an unwillingness to negotiate a fair price. That's just my take on it only.

I think this process may contribute to the slow down. Even accounting for price increases in new gear, I get the impression people are asking more for used kites then they used to a few years ago.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Used kite market over saturated?

Postby soul19 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Like all things.... if the kite is put up for a reasonable price than it sells. I agree that the average seller wants too much for his/her kite as they are trying to fund their next purchase with as much capital as possible. Generally those kites just sit around and the seller has to slowly discount it till it sells at a far more reasonable rate. I ended up buying a kite off one person cheaper than what I initially offered them in the first place. Often times it is better to just wait them out or find someone else that has a better deal.

James

Return to “Kitesurfing”