alsbirk
Frequent Poster
Gear: LF prod. and samples
Brand Affiliation: Involved with R&D for LF
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carafino Updates: General Topic

Postby alsbirk » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Our stuff is shipping now, we have gotten fullfilling personal updates from Carafino all-along the way.

Here is our boards packed for air shipping to Copenhagen :-)

/T
Attachments
IMG_1969.JPG

C A R A F I N O 2014
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maui and the World.
Favorite Beaches: Maui and the World.
Style: Perfect
Gear: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Brand Affiliation: CARAFINO AND NAISH

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:46 pm

BraCuru wrote:
Toby wrote:Read the initial posting of this topic, then you know why.
I counted 29 topics since December 2013. This newborn forum has been abused.
I hope finally to read Carafino products tests instead his endless updates in different topics.
Wherever you look on forum there is Carfino. In reality not a single one tested yet. Sick of this...
BRACUR, YOUR SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT. DO YOU KNOW IF I HAD NOT BEEN PUSHING FOILBOARDING SINCE 1998, THIS FORUM WOULD NOT EXIST AND YOU WOULD NOT BE PISSING ON MY PARADE ALL THE TIME? YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR ASS ABOUT FOIL MANUFACTURING OR TESTING OR ANYTHING. YOUR THE KIND OF GUY, YOU AND YOUR OTHER BALL GRABBING BUDDIES ON THIS FORUM, I SEE YOU GUYS IN THE WATER AND SEND YOU TO THE BEACH AND OUT OF HERE. YOUR SUCH A WHINING CIRCLE JERK. HERE SOME GREAT NEWS FOR YOU. WE WILL NO LONGER BE POSTING ANYMORE TOPICS ON THIS SITE.

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:56 pm

C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote: BRACUR, YOUR SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT. DO YOU KNOW IF I HAD NOT BEEN PUSHING FOILBOARDING SINCE 1998, THIS FORUM WOULD NOT EXIST AND YOU WOULD NOT BE PISSING ON MY PARADE ALL THE TIME? YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR ASS ABOUT FOIL MANUFACTURING OR TESTING OR ANYTHING. YOUR THE KIND OF GUY, YOU AND YOUR OTHER BALL GRABBING BUDDIES ON THIS FORUM, I SEE YOU GUYS IN THE WATER AND SEND YOU TO THE BEACH AND OUT OF HERE. YOUR SUCH A WHINING CIRCLE JERK. HERE SOME GREAT NEWS FOR YOU. WE WILL NO LONGER BE POSTING ANYMORE TOPICS ON THIS SITE.
sad...

lodwik
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Island CA
La Ventana Baja Mexico
Favorite Beaches: both
Style: foiling
Gear: North kits
Carifino foil (2010 foil)
Lift foil (2013)
Zeeko foil (2013)
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby lodwik » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:13 pm

I have never seen so much negativity to anyone as what has gone against Carifino :cry:
anyone starting a company with a new product know the draw backs & problems that occur .
Personally I believe it is coming from the over prices competitors.
For the price of 1 Zeeko (which is falling apart with less tha 6 month use ) :angryfire: I will get 4 boards & foils from Carifino :jump:
I am an average rider ,who will never compete , similar to 98% of foil'ers ,
So even if Carafino does not win in long beach he has a great product (wining is more about the rider than the foil , Johnny Heineken could win on a wooden foil )
So can we stop bashing & keep the forum for what it should be .......Information for all :bye: :thumb:

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:34 pm

well said ludwik.
These users thanked the author Arcsrule for the post:
dave1986 (Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:40 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm

And I have never seen a brand owner speak to anyone the way that mango speaks to people on here...

The provocation doesn't matter in the slightest, think how many topics have been started slating kites boards bars etc and not a single peep from the brand owner threatening and bad mouthing people....it's just being unprofessional.

None of it matters as carafino have stated that there will be no more foils or boards built so his work is done both in the factory and on here.

Just one thing bugs me, if nothing else is to be produced how is there going to be any aftercare should you want a new wing?

Phil/arcs I, like Tone I guess have been proved wrong product is getting delivered now so it looks like he came good in the end, congratulations! I hope you enjoy the foil when it finally gets to you.

Europ2
Frequent Poster

Postby Europ2 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:29 pm

As per http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/8096
Racing for the US Kite Racing National Championship will take place June 6th-8th. The Long Beach Hydrofoil Kite Invitational will be June 7th-8th only.
Johnny not competing in foil comp.
http://www.regattanetwork.com/event/8096#_registration

Late registrations according to NOR:
Competitors may enter up to 1100 hours on June 6, 2014 but will be
charged a late fee in addition to the entry fee.

Only 8 people have registered to the foil event starting 7th june
Does somebody know the brands ridden by the 8 riders ?

Code: Select all

Hydrofoil Kite
    	Skipper 	Sail# 	Class 	Hometown 	Yacht Club
1. 	Cynthia Brown 	Pink 4 	Hydrofoil Kite 	Sioux Falls, South Dakota 	Chula Vista CVYC
2. 	Kiril Yanakiev 	12 white 	Hydrofoil Kite 	San Diego, CA 	SK Lazur Varna Bulgaria
3. 	Eric Due 	12 	Hydrofoil Kite 	San Mateo, CA 	St. Francis Yacht Club
4. 	Stefaans Viljoen 	6 	Hydrofoil Kite 	mill valley, California 	race
5. 	Tybur Reed 	Yellow 8 	Hydrofoil Kite 	San Diego, CA 	SDYC
6. 	John Tilney 	55 	Hydrofoil Kite 	Corte Madera, Ca 	None
7. 	Leif Given 	GREEN 23 	Hydrofoil Kite 	ft lauderdale, Florida 	Neilpryde/AdventureSports/Cabrinha
8. 	SANTIAGO RAMIREZ GONZALEZ 	RED 10 	Hydrofoil Kite 	GUADALAJARA, JALISCO 	Casa Blanca Yatch Club
Last edited by Europ2 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!

Postby Aummm » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:09 pm

BraCuru wrote:sad...
...and pathetic when people posting terrorist demands, because Mango wasn't forcing anybody to buy his product :naughty:

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua

Postby Hawaiis » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Carafino:
Don't get mad, get even. Show those copycaters who's da boss.
I also took shit from those copycaters for speaking the truth. I am so happy now we will all be able to buy quality foils at reasonable prices again.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:30 pm

No doubt those all caps responses reflect badly on his brand. Certainly reads like more than one person posting under the same user name. Kind of opposite to the constant slander and defamation that reads like its from one user with multiple user names! Could be a temper tantrum. I guess it would feel personal when the bulk of the attacks are, well personal. Of all the brand bashing Ive read on here, I've never seen anyone bashing Pete's or Robby's character let alone for gear that has yet to be proven good or bad. Questioning warranty before the product even lands or gets a single review let alone breaks is just more of the same slanderous speculation.

Anyone with half a brain can read through most of what mango has written, i.e. if he manages to break even and the foil works well, I highly doubt this will be his one and only production run! The clarity of hindsight should make crystal clear what was pretty obvious from the early stages: that he needed to raise capital to get his design into production. Are you taking a risk?? Of course you are, and you get TWO FULL SET UPs for less than one of the competitions. Lets be serious about time lines too. Tone? (not picking on you) I though I read way back you were waiting on a competitors foil..... Do you have it yet?

The question was if there was production of any kind or just a straight up scam, and that has unequivocally been shown not to be the case. Does anyone actually think he followed through simply because wind_rider et al. busted him on plan A??? Please. The dude has way too big an ego for that. Had he rolled out his product a little better he would probably already have much of the recognition he so clearly wants as he IS one of the sports earliest proponents. Who knows, maybe it will still go down the way he wants. History is usually written by the victor.

One thing is for sure, once Carafino has "made it" to long term viability, they need a PR staff.

Return to “Kitesurfing”