Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core Kites Presents: Sensor Pro Bar System

Forum for kitesurfers
tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Core Kites Presents: Sensor Pro Bar System

Postby tomatkins » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Buzzy wrote:I think youdid not quiet get it..
Both front lines are pulled in. One full length the other one half length..

tomatkins wrote:Where can we see a video of the :P safety release system in action?... I can't quite picture the position of the kite on the water, with one front line at "100%" and the other at "50%" release-length. For instance, does the kite do what the "mini-fifth" systems do, like the old Cabrinha IDS?

From the description, it doesn't sound like it is meant to "flag-out", but rather is meant to assume a "ready-to-relaunch" position. Is there a way to completely kill the potential power of the kite, like you might want for a self-rescue?

As expected, I see a lot of innovation from Core.

Love to see some Utubes of the kite system in action.

This is one of the rare times that we have seen a manufacturer actually recommend the use of their bar with other manufacturer's kites. A number of kites are listed as being compatible with the bar system.

Thanks for the response... but I don't think I will "get it" without seeing it in action. From the picture, it doesn't look like the bar travels very far up the safety line, and certainly not "100%" (20+meters) of the distance on one front line and "50%" of the distance up to the kite on the other line.... soooo, that is the part I am not clear on. It looks like the bar would only slide a meter or two up the safety line.

I like the nice diagram of the rings and things... first time I have seen a "bullet" shaped object which is designed to go through a ring.

The description of the "safety system" sounds more like a description of a "convenience" system for both pro kiters and beginners.... nothing wrong with that...I like convenient things! I am just wondering about the possible scenarios that could occur, while a person is self-rescuing, and working their way up the lines to the kite.

"When you release the kite it will blow out without pressure on only one front line whilst the second front line leads the kite into a stable, very comfortable and especially safe re-launch position. This is a distinctive advantage for hard freestyle training or in the waves and will also save beginners and intermediates a lot of time and effort."

Love to see a video of it in action. Are there any?

Macisback
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kahuna Surf House, Kiti, Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Kahuna Surf House, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish, North & Zeeko Kites, Flysurfer and RL Boards, Zeeko and Iero Hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Macisback » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:37 pm

No microloop/hook, not buying

Buzzy
Medium Poster

Postby Buzzy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:42 pm

The "y" is 5m long...

The image makes it look shorter..

So in total one front line is pulled 2,5m the other 5m

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:13 pm

How far up is the split of the front lines from the chicken loop

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:09 am

looks like a very nice bar. I don't like the idea of black lines. they must be hard to see at times.

kiste
Rare Poster
Style: Freestyle, Wakestyle
Gear: Naish Boxer 12m, SS SST 9m, 7m, Duotone Whip CSC, Core SLC Foil, Wingdings...

Postby kiste » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:30 pm

tomatkins wrote: Love to see a video of it in action. Are there any?
Accidentally i got one on video, just have to trim it...

But to tell you in front: it works perfectly... tested it several times with 11m and 8m GTS3.. every time the same behaviour as my current single front line safety...

/edit: here it is...

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:32 pm

kiste wrote:

But to tell you in front: it works perfectly... tested it several times with 11m and 8m GTS3.. every time the same behaviour as my current single front line safety...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgeaFTIg2bo
Thanks for the quick response! A picture is worth a thousand words...

Even though it does not look like the old style "flagging systems" where the kite lays out "flat" in the water, with almost no residual pull... it does look like it has a certain advantage over the "mini fifth" line flagging system, like the Cab IDS system, in that the Core system looks to me (I am speculating, now)... that the Core system would put the kite down into the water, whether the wind was very light or very strong.... whereas the old IDS system would sometimes suspend the kite up in the air, as though it was on a single fifth line... this would happen mostly in very light wind and some kiters objected to this characteristic. Am I correct that the Core system does not ever leave the kite suspended in the air?

Also, does the kite sit in the "stable" position, as shown in the video... all the time while the kiter winds up his lines, in order to get to the kite, during a conventional "self-rescue" operation?

Are there any special recommendations to be taken into consideration for performing a "self-rescue"? ... such as (1) always wind BOTH front lines (the long one and the short one) equally on the bar, while swimming to the kite, during a self-rescue..... or (2) always follow the "longer" front line up to the kite, to access the kite, during a self-rescue, and do not wind up the other three lines?... or (3) other advice to be followed?

g00se
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby g00se » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Can you get a stopper for it?

I would buy a bar today that had 4 lines and:

(1) Single front line safety
(2) Above bar depower
(3) Good stopper system
(4) Mini leash ring on chicken loop so it only releases to 1 line when you hit eject..

kiste
Rare Poster
Style: Freestyle, Wakestyle
Gear: Naish Boxer 12m, SS SST 9m, 7m, Duotone Whip CSC, Core SLC Foil, Wingdings...

Postby kiste » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:21 pm

tomatkins wrote:
kiste wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgeaFTIg2bo
Thanks for the quick response! A picture is worth a thousand words...

Even though it does not look like the old style "flagging systems" where the kite lays out "flat" in the water, with almost no residual pull... it does look like it has a certain advantage over the "mini fifth" line flagging system, like the Cab IDS system, in that the Core system looks to me (I am speculating, now)... that the Core system would put the kite down into the water, whether the wind was very light or very strong.... whereas the old IDS system would sometimes suspend the kite up in the air, as though it was on a single fifth line... this would happen mostly in very light wind and some kiters objected to this characteristic. Am I correct that the Core system does not ever leave the kite suspended in the air?

Also, does the kite sit in the "stable" position, as shown in the video... all the time while the kiter winds up his lines, in order to get to the kite, during a conventional "self-rescue" operation?

Are there any special recommendations to be taken into consideration for performing a "self-rescue"? ... such as (1) always wind BOTH front lines (the long one and the short one) equally on the bar, while swimming to the kite, during a self-rescue..... or (2) always follow the "longer" front line up to the kite, to access the kite, during a self-rescue, and do not wind up the other three lines?... or (3) other advice to be followed?
I do not know if i got you correct, but

- the kite went always (6 times) instantly in the stable position you see in the video
- the kite stays there as long as you want
- there is no pulling, the kite flags out like on my naish park

Do not know about light wind, was about 18 Knots+...

Do not know about self rescue ;)

PinkNorthPride
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Mauritius
Silver Sands Barbados
Nyali Kenya
Dougs the Gorge
Style: Lawn Mowing
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: North, Maybe Core next...

Postby PinkNorthPride » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 pm

matth wrote:looks like a very nice bar. I don't like the idea of black lines. they must be hard to see at times.
That's a fair criticism, tried my 17LW for the first time last night, by the time I'd got it pumped up and changed the bloody wind switched 180 and dropped, but i did try to get it up to have a fly in the little breeze there was. I'd attached the lines from upwind (I normally do it from downwind but it was an odd direction) and had them switched I was trying to sort it out from the bar and they are a bit tricky to see, you can see the light colour lines but the dark ones not so easy and spotting which way to un ravel was a bind, but we got there eventually.

Other than that I love the bar, i like the release system I like the increased throw, I like the safety and i like the trick little elastic line holders and i do actually like the look of the lines, they look a lot more businesslike than the chinese crap I'm used to.

Not sure it's long enough for a big kite like the 17, but I didn't get to fly it yet so don't know and anyway I ain't going to be doing much in light wind other than cruising about gheying it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”