Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What wavekite has lightest bar pressure/steering force need?

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What wavekite has lightest bar pressure/steering force n

Postby tautologies » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm thinking you need to add the naish pivot. Its very light on the bar.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby clint2070 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:32 pm

I have owned all these kites expect the reo and cabo. The bws noise had so little bar pressure that so little bar pressure that i sold them. Couldnt feel were the kite was without looking. Great drifting kites and killer low end. Very poor construction though. I didnt have the pro models just the standard. Stay away from the drifters. Bought a 2013 quiver and after a weekend trip, sold them asap. Most bar pressure ive ever felt. Couldnt even lift my right arm after a 2hr session. I have the naish pivots now. Med bar pressure but its the smoothest kite ive ever had. It doesnt jerk you around at all. Drifts great ! Jumps really well and lets you down easy. I havent dropped em yet so i dont know about relaunch but im sure its fine. I have rhuemitoid arthritus. Shoulders,wrists and right knee are bad and 3hr sessions dont even bother me.

waterlogged
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 6
Local Beach: Uk, cleethorpes, blackpool, newbourgh,hunstanton.
Style: Haven't got any style!

Postby waterlogged » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Gunnar, could I ask about the swell, I have a 7 Escape, trying to decide weather to go for a 9m escape or swell next. How does the swell hold power in the turn/loop? I tend to loop the kite a lot as we mostly ride onshore wind, don't like kites that pull hard when you loop them.
More precisely would like to know how does the swell loop when in the top half of its wind range. Currant kite (ozone) gets scary powered loop when pushing the top end.

whabbits
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Vancouver Island, BC
Favorite Beaches: Comox, BC
Nitinaht Lake. BC
Port Renfrew, BC
Style: learning anything
Gear: Wainman Hawaii Rabbits

Postby whabbits » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:57 pm

What size(s) of kite are you looking for?

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks very much for your feedback guys, I truly appreciate it all!

I am mainly riding in onshore winds/setup so I need to move the kite a lot and therefore the smoothness of the kite power, little power when looping, and direct steering with as little force needed to steer the kite are key parameters - at least for me now due to my lead hand shoulder problem :-?

Currently riding with bandit 7 generation but I feel that with one hand steering together with the power they develope when looping (especially for strapless jumps) is not the easiest setup for me now. That's why I need to find some other set of kites to work with, sigh.

The new set should be from 5-6 to 10m.

cleepa
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008

Postby cleepa » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:34 pm

omg wrote:Thanks very much for your feedback guys, I truly appreciate it all!

I am mainly riding in onshore winds/setup so I need to move the kite a lot and therefore the smoothness of the kite power, little power when looping, and direct steering with as little force needed to steer the kite are key parameters - at least for me now due to my lead hand shoulder problem :-?

Currently riding with bandit 7 generation but I feel that with one hand steering together with the power they develope when looping (especially for strapless jumps) is not the easiest setup for me now. That's why I need to find some other set of kites to work with, sigh.

The new set should be from 5-6 to 10m.
I ride BRM Clouds in the ocean. In the spring and fall I am mainly riding in onshore conditions. The rest of the season, I ride in mostly sideshore conditions. Anyway, I love the kites for all the reasons you mention. They are fast turning, low bar pressure, easy to steer with one hand. Plus, because you ride them a size or two down from everything else, they don't generate crazy power when you loop them downwind of you. When riding onshore, the Clouds have saved me from dropping the kite in the surf many times because they drift well and are so easy to initiate turns with.

A friend of mine rides the C2 Clouds. He spent a week riding doing a wave clinic, where he rode the latest Bandits. He wasn't happy - by contrast he said he had to size up, the kites were much slower and had a lot more bar pressure.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: waves,big air,megaloops,hydrofoil
Gear: Epic kites,cohete surfboards,moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:51 pm

give a try to the Epic Surf.if you have a prob with shoulders use the wider bar setup.remember that a kite with no feedback (light pressure bar)on big wave can kill you :( !!!

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Ozone, Axis, Moses, Zeeko, Firewire, SBS
Brand Affiliation: Foiling Basics, The Boardroom Fuerteventura, Ozone, Axiskiteboarding,Schwerelosigkite, Triggernaut,

Postby gmb13 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:46 pm

waterlogged wrote:Gunnar, could I ask about the swell, I have a 7 Escape, trying to decide weather to go for a 9m escape or swell next. How does the swell hold power in the turn/loop? I tend to loop the kite a lot as we mostly ride onshore wind, don't like kites that pull hard when you loop them.
More precisely would like to know how does the swell loop when in the top half of its wind range. Currant kite (ozone) gets scary powered loop when pushing the top end.
The Swell does not develop a huge amount of power when turned hard. Depending on where you have the Wingtip setting, the kite will have none to little power (outside) and moderate power (inside) in turns.

As the kite turns well when depowered, you can also really control the power you want. So it will give you a bit of a power boost when sheeted in, and turn with virtually no power when sheeted out.

--
Gunnar

Return to “Kitesurfing”