Why are kite companies such crap???

Forum for kitesurfers
Alysum
Medium Poster
Gear: a kite
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Why are kite companies such crap???

Postby Alysum » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:17 pm

YES ! Why are brands like Ozone so CRAP ? They build kites from materials that do not last a single session let alone a full season.
You do not need to search the forum or the interwebs hard to see so many people having issues with their Ozone kites.
Even in classifieds, many REOs for example, have a professional repair and a couple of pinholes after only 4 f*****g sessions !
Remember that thread about the stitching coming undone on the v8 Edge and they wouldn't replace it under warranty ?

Seriously why manufacture overpriced kites, über fragile and with shite customer service ?

I will never be buying an Ozone kite again until they have sorted out their durability issues. It's a shame as they are great to fly...

Discuss :rollgrin:

kiterocky
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:22 pm

I had same problem With slingshot.. Spin become like paper after one season.. But now with ozone no problem..now 3years and material perfect....

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby corbett » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:35 pm

Alysum wrote:YES ! Why are brands like Ozone so CRAP ? They build kites from materials that do not last a single session let alone a full season.
You do not need to search the forum or the interwebs hard to see so many people having issues with their Ozone kites.
Even in classifieds, many REOs for example, have a professional repair and a couple of pinholes after only 4 f*****g sessions !
Remember that thread about the stitching coming undone on the v8 Edge and they wouldn't replace it under warranty ?

Seriously why manufacture overpriced kites, über fragile and with shite customer service ?

I will never be buying an Ozone kite again until they have sorted out their durability issues. It's a shame as they are great to fly...

You have Mafia states where it's difficult to bring international consumer law criminals to justice.

This is why Ozone base themselves in 3 of the biggest mafia states, namely Vietnam, New Zealand and Scotland. They know they cannot be extradited to The Hague inside of those rogue states.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: North/Ozone/Airush/PLKB/F.One

Postby windsuks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:36 pm

corbett wrote:
Alysum wrote:YES ! Why are brands like Ozone so CRAP ? They build kites from materials that do not last a single session let alone a full season.

You have Mafia states where it's difficult to bring international consumer law criminals to justice.

This is why Ozone base themselves in 3 of the biggest mafia states, namely Vietnam, New Zealand and Scotland. They know they cannot be extradited to The Hague inside of those rogue states.
This made me laugh out loud, since when was Scotland a rogue state, since when were Ozone based in Scotland and lastly since when Scotland a mafia state?

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:37 pm

corbet wrote:Simply put right,

Amazon responds with returned goods by way of full refund or full replacement because they don't do the spare parts thing.

Ocean Rodeo like all(well see below) kite companies only replace the part.

Having never made a warranty claim with us, I fail to see how you're the expert. Our history here will show that we provide excellent customer support.

My comments above relate to the fact that returns with Amazon can be a hassle for our company whereas a simple size issue or warranty claim can be handled with much less paperwork and wasted shipping costs if we interact with the customer directly.
Last edited by ORSales on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster

Postby corbett » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:09 pm

windsuks wrote:
corbett wrote:

This made me laugh out loud, since when was Scotland a rogue state, since when were Ozone based in Scotland and lastly since when Scotland a mafia state?
For hundreds of years they have been a rogue state and a mafia state since 1999. Murder, extortion, kidnap, descrimination against men etc.

Ozone(the whole business) is based next to queensferry road in Edinburgh.

And as I said previously, I'll raid them myself I have to, with police back up of course. Get customers the refunds they rightly deserve!

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windsuks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:27 pm

They are not based in Edingburgh, the company may be registered there but that is all.
First I've heard of Scotland being a Mafia State :-) (I live in the UK)

skullcandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride / Mutant / Waves TT
Gear: Enduro 7m/10m

Postby skullcandy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:35 pm

Ive used Ozone for 3 years now... never had one issue. Beaten them up a bit in the surf, drag launches. Not one tear, not one loose stitch, not one bladder / inflate problem. Fly amazing each time out.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster

Postby corbett » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:36 pm

windsuks wrote:They are not based in Edingburgh, the company may be registered there but that is all.
First I've heard of Scotland being a Mafia State :-) (I live in the UK)
Then we argue if they are based in New Zealand or Vietnam. If a company pays the business tax in Scotland, then the business is based there.

The whole of the United Kingdom is a Rogue State and I feel very sorry that you live like that.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windsuks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Yup we have some Ozones we also use in our school, so far zero issues

Go ahead and feel sorry for me since you know all about the UK, just keep us updated if you ever do raid them in Scotland where "they are based" as I look forward to hearing how it went.

Return to “Kitesurfing”