Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Am I the only person that thinks SUP is boring?

Forum for kitesurfers
poools81
Frequent Poster
Gear: ozone 13m and 9m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Am I the only person that thinks SUP is gay?

Postby poools81 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:54 am

lets see some clips of you on your unicorn then

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:55 am

Do-it wrote:f***.... Don't know where to start here..
bro, the only thing I am getting out of this whole thing is that somehow you do not know who the hell laird hamilton is go watch "North Shore" (1987) one more time. This guy has been a legend for over 25 years. What were we talking about? SUP? Forget SUP, dude you need to go find out who laird hamilton is.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:06 am

edt wrote:
bro, the only thing I am getting out of this whole thing is that somehow you do not know who the hell laird hamilton is go watch "North Shore" (1987) one more time. This guy has been a legend for over 25 years. What were we talking about? SUP? Forget SUP, dude you need to go find out who laird hamilton is.

Somehow you guys are missing the point. My original post was about sup. 95% of sup people are in flat water and i doubt your hero is dropping in on the pipe. I bet sup isn't even permitted there.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:45 am

Do-it wrote:f***.... Don't know where to start here. I must admit that gay was not the best word to use. Although, I was trying to stay a little more politically correct then faggy. Please excuse my poor vocabulary.I'm just a dumb redneck. Boring doesn't describe what i mean. Maybe, i Should have used a better synonym such as; less manlike, feminine, undesirable, not quite right.
Damn you are messed up.....

less manlike, undesirable and feminine, not quite right???? All pooled together.

Anyway I guess you better get out of kiteboarding quick....

http://www.gaysurfers.net/2010/06/gay-k ... g-to-aksa/

"Gay Kite Surfers To Double By 2008 According To AKSA"

Just messing with you, but on a more serious note really Kitesurfing is a new sport, lets make it gay friendly and welcoming.

Also kitesurfing is not particularly manly. The women in the sport are quite amazing and there is much to be learned from the best of them.

I would not be surprised if many pro kiters were gay. It's still challenging for a gay person to come out if they are sponsored by something or other.

There is a documentary about coming out in the surf world. It is really sad that for these people being themselves can jeopardize their career.

http://outinthelineup.com/
Last edited by FredBGG on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:52 am

FredBGG wrote:
Do-it wrote:f***.... Don't know where to start here. I must admit that gay was not the best word to use. Although, I was trying to stay a little more politically correct then faggy. Please excuse my poor vocabulary.I'm just a dumb redneck. Boring doesn't describe what i mean. Maybe, i Should have used a better synonym such as; less manlike, feminine, undesirable, not quite right.

less manlike, undesirable and feminine, not quite right???? All pooled together.

Freddy, I don't care if you like men. Unless you paddle board.Then your'e gay.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:06 am

Do-it wrote:
FredBGG wrote:

Freddy, I don't care if you like men. Unless you paddle board.Then your'e gay.
Not gay, but that is not important.... what is important is that yes I do like men... gay or not gay.... I just tend to like most people. As for the hanky panky..... well it's just me and my lovely wife of 30+ years... :thumb:

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby coleman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:11 am

I think I get it.

Your stabbing the earths moisture in and out in and out over and over. Riding a big stiff board and the next day you are sore in places you never knew existed.

Yep. It's gay.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 am

Do-it wrote:
edt wrote:
Do-it wrote: Somehow you guys are missing the point. My original post was about sup. 95% of sup people are in flat water and i doubt your hero is dropping in on the pipe. I bet sup isn't even permitted there.
Kai Lenny Sup in Pipeline

[youtube]http://youtu.be/-3p5vx3jmBA[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/-3p5vx3jmBA

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:57 am

why a paddle

sweep is too strong to paddle to peak - no wukin furries

2-3 times as many waves in same time

get through fat sections /join up sections

get into fat waves no worries

stand up - waaay warmer in winter

generally the guys that i know that are good at standup (they surf too) are built liek brick sh3t houses!

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:34 am

Do-it wrote:
edt wrote:

Somehow you guys are missing the point. My original post was about sup. 95% of sup people are in flat water and i doubt your hero is dropping in on the pipe. I bet sup isn't even permitted there.
Dude, I really do get what you are trying to say, but I really don't see anything unmanly about paddling an SUP on flat water. With no wind and nothing else going on its something to do. I also break the boat out and wakeboard in those conditions, but sometimes I just like to chill out and paddle the shoreline. I can't say that I ever felt like I was riding one of my daughters bikes which I must admit would make me feel a little less manly (as irrational as that is).

Anyway, there have been some funny responses to this post, so thanks for the entertainment.

You might want to watch out for anyone with a pink flower on their bar though. :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”