cowboy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Blade Trigger - 7th Generation

Postby cowboy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 am

aleks wrote:
calibra wrote: The kite is already available, now it will depende in each dealer in each country ;)
Hi, do you have a new bar to go with it? :naughty: I would really love to get a below bar line untwist option...

As long as you keep the swivel cleaned and washed out I think its better than below bar untwist.

I used Best for years and been through the last 3 incarnations of their RP Bar which had untwist on the quick release. Using the uni bar this last 9 months has been alot more hassle free.

Below bar most of the time meant that I had to stop riding and manually untwist, which also meant that the front lines had more wear on them as they would rub against each other more. The quick release is a heck of alot more bulky.

With the swivel on the uni bar, less wear, Ive never had to try and untwist myself and the quick release is simpler and smaller

A couple of things I would do differently;

Stopper on depower line is great for ease of movement by hand, but see if it can be moved a little easier by pushing the bar out hard.

Elastic on the bar ends make the bar so they can be retracted as its one less things to catch something on

aleks
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: RDB, Elf
Brand Affiliation: WOO, RDB, Elf

Postby aleks » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:20 pm

cowboy wrote: As long as you keep the swivel cleaned and washed out I think its better than below bar untwist.
Can't figure out how to keep the swivel clean when you setup on a sandy beach. Also can't clean it when riding (without doing some acrobatics at least). Check out Switch bar - it has a similar swivel + below the bar untwist option. That would be ideal IMHO.

calibra
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Guincho
Nova Vaga
Fonte da Telha
Lagoa De Albufeira
Style: Freeride, Freestyle, Wave ride.
Gear: Blade Vertigo 2007 8m
Bangkiteboard Bowmoq 136X43
Surf Board Bluebottlhe 5.10 epoxy with 4 fins 4WFS

Postby calibra » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:37 pm

aleks wrote:
cowboy wrote: As long as you keep the swivel cleaned and washed out I think its better than below bar untwist.
Can't figure out how to keep the swivel clean when you setup on a sandy beach. Also can't clean it when riding (without doing some acrobatics at least). Check out Switch bar - it has a similar swivel + below the bar untwist option. That would be ideal IMHO.

i always set up my kite in sandy beaches, and i never had any issue with the swivel, like Aleks told, you just need to clean it and remove the sand before you put the kite in the air, and is quite easy. The swivel is only 1 meter away or even less, so he doesn´t need to be on the sand before you lift the kite.

windrt
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Kite + Board + rest of stuff you normally use.

Postby windrt » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:58 pm

no issue with the swivel either.
I found the new trigger much more fun than the previous one. It has quick and direct feel like the mist, and the pull is much more constant and controlled, the previous trigger had a more agressive pull while you turned the kite, this one is much smoother. IMO

Kiteus Polaris
Medium Poster
Local Beach: South Sweden
Gear: Blade
Shinn

Postby Kiteus Polaris » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:03 pm

windrt wrote:I found the new trigger much more fun than the previous one. It has quick and direct feel like the mist, and the pull is much more constant and controlled, the previous trigger had a more agressive pull while you turned the kite, this one is much smoother. IMO
These are the exact words I wanted to hear! Or read... Looking even more forward to the delivery of a 12 and 9 Trigger next week!

cowboy
Medium Poster

Postby cowboy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:45 am

Just rinse the swivel out after you use it, and give it a couple of turns while doing this.

As for the trigger in use its sooo smooth in the turns, no flapping as it crosses overhead like I had with the TS.

Used it for 2 weeks in Tenerife last month and with the swell out there I previously had the lines go slack at times with other kites but none at all with the Trigger kept me constantly powered

Return to “Kitesurfing”