Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Northkites customer service issue

Postby Westozzy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:25 am

NorCalNomad wrote:
Westozzy wrote:Ooh 9m rebel. Got mine, had it for for nearly two months now.

Sucks for you :D
Lol actually he wants a 2015 9m dice.....and I can tell you I love mine!

Yep the new dice is also a killer kite!!! But in the end I'm a rebel man deep down... :D

Robbie, pick up 18m saturday on way through to exmouth...looks like I will need it... :cry:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1812
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:42 am

Westozzy wrote:Yep the new Dice is also a killer kite!!! But in the end I'm a Rebel man deep down... :D
Eppo-Back to the Rebel huh? ....How come? Dice a little lacking in bottom end?

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby FredBGG » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:22 am

NorCalNomad wrote:So the local distributor is back ordered on a few things, the dice's are super popular and other people probably put preorders in before you.

Sounds more like the local shop needs to communicate better with you. Although I'm amazed the dealer didn't just pull a front line off of one of the complete bars, my local shop does that all the time. North USA has great customer support, even their western rep (Dan) posts here regularly.
Great customer support?

I have been waiting for a response from north for about a month now regarding replacement fins.
They never got back to me.

First bad sign is that they don't list their phone number on the contact page of their website.....

UKRob
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2
Gear: North Rebel 11m (2012)

Postby UKRob » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:47 am

But is that not because sales are normally conducted by the kite shops and so warranty issues go there first?

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:
Westozzy wrote:Yep the new Dice is also a killer kite!!! But in the end I'm a Rebel man deep down... :D

Funny story had the 9 and 12 2015 dices. brand new sitting in my shed and I thought am I gonna unhook anymore? Nope. Am I gonna ride my surfboard anymore. Nope. Can my body afford to loop (seriously) anymore. Nope. How far down the old school Airstyle rabbit hole have I gone. Too far to see the light at the top anymore. Do I need a stable kite at near its top end with decent hangtime. Yep. Hence the rebels. So drove straight back and swapped them over. Couldn't be more happier. Seriously stoked perfect for to be honest.

Hence the rebels. Infact had a sick session in 20 knots today on my 12m with 32m lines.

The new dice has much more solid, less lag and a much more obvious bottom end. It's moved more from the wave to the freestyle end of the spectrum. It's a pretty decent improvement although my SB buddies are sticking with the 2014 for now, my TT mates are frothing.

All good bro :)

anyhow back to the topic nail down ya retailer sounds like they need a swift kick up the ass.

MrFreeze
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Favorite Beaches: I have been know to frequent the Mandurah area. On my yearly sojourn in WA
Gear: 2 line Wipika and a fridge door

Postby MrFreeze » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Westozzy wrote:
Oldnbroken wrote:

anyhow back to the topic nail down ya retailer sounds like they need a swift kick up the ass.
Hmmmmm, Language :nono: the kiddies might be reading this :o

MrFreeze
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Favorite Beaches: I have been know to frequent the Mandurah area. On my yearly sojourn in WA
Gear: 2 line Wipika and a fridge door

Postby MrFreeze » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:05 am

Westozzy wrote:
Oldnbroken wrote:

Funny story had the 9 and 12 2015 dices. brand new sitting in my shed and I thought am I gonna unhook anymore? Nope. Am I gonna ride my surfboard anymore. Nope. Can my body afford to loop (seriously) anymore. Nope. How far down the old school Airstyle rabbit hole have I gone. Too far to see the light at the top anymore. Do I need a stable kite at near its top end with decent hangtime. Yep. Hence the rebels. So drove straight back and swapped them over. Couldn't be more happier. Seriously stoked perfect for to be honest.

Hence the rebels. Infact had a sick session in 20 knots today on my 12m with 32m lines.

The new dice has much more solid, less lag and a much more obvious bottom end. It's moved more from the wave to the freestyle end of the spectrum. It's a pretty decent improvement although my SB buddies are sticking with the 2014 for now, my TT mates are frothing.

All good bro :)

Hmmmmm, not a word in response from the ayatollah of rock and rolla. I'm devastated that my appearance hasn't induced a reply from the Captain. Not like the banter from the old times fella. :(

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby FredBGG » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:12 am

FredBGG wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:So the local distributor is back ordered on a few things, the dice's are super popular and other people probably put preorders in before you.

Sounds more like the local shop needs to communicate better with you. Although I'm amazed the dealer didn't just pull a front line off of one of the complete bars, my local shop does that all the time. North USA has great customer support, even their western rep (Dan) posts here regularly.
Great customer support?

I have been waiting for a response from north for about a month now regarding replacement fins.
They never got back to me.

First bad sign is that they don't list their phone number on the contact page of their website.....
So here is an update on my support issue with North kites.

I was contacted through a message on this forum by the Dan guy.

He told me there was not a known issue on the fin boxes and fins not being a good fit and the fins wobbling on their boards (north). But in the next paragraph he wrote that it was a known issue in their boards and others but and other brands and went on to say that was an issue windsurfers and kite surfers had to deal with and that they shim the fins with RED Bull cans. The adds " I don't specifically remember having that issue with freerace boards."
(what bullshit... Red Bull cans... I guess he thinks Red Bull makes it cool or something).
I have had many windsurf boards with long fins and NEVER HAD TO SHIM THE FINS.
I have several surfboards with Futures fins and boxes.... really tight fitting, even on old boards I have used for years.

He also for some reason chose to trash several other companies support contact methods, in particular Slingshot. That was just plain stupid. Incidentally I have contacted Slingshot in the past and it has never been a problem getting in touch with them both before sales and after sales.

So back to the fins I need for the Freerace. I contacted several North Kites dealers and only one replied. They replied saying it would take 4 to 6 weeks and they asked if I would like to order them. So I asked for the price including shipping them to me. I asked this on october 1st via email. Now more than a month later I have yet to get a price..... I never heard back from them.

This is simply unacceptable.

North Kiteboarding ....Get your shit together.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:18 pm