Forum for kitesurfers
yosh
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FireWire hellrazor and hellfire

Postby yosh » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Hey hoped I could get a little feedback on these boards. I am really wanting to find a new board that I can get away with riding a little smaller kite, not needing more kite!!! I am riding an old airush 6'3" converse and love it (have had major work done to keep it alive) but am tired of always needing a larger kite size because the board sucks so much out of the kite. I am 6'2" around 190lbs. Their are other shapes in the FireWire line up I am more interested in but they don't come in the kite construction. How often are they switching them up?
Anyway I have looked all over the net and haven't been able to find a single helpful review!
Anything will help. Thanks!!!!

Nicok
Rare Poster
Gear: Naish
Firewire

Re: FireWire hellrazor and hellfire

Postby Nicok » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi, i m riding the hellfire 5'6! I m 185 #, I use it for strong wave conditions with wind over 20 knots. In other conditions I prefer my 5'8 dominator! Forget strapless freestyle with the hellfire, except if you are like Felixp!!! For me thos e2 boards are for rea: good surf.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 am

In ultra light wind i have a 5'8 sweet potato FST
13mph and up and mushy to semi steep up to head high surf 5'7 Nano LFT with full re-glassed 4oz bottom and 6oz top( shouldn't have gotten the LFT ) still having problems with it but will never let it go
13mph and up semi steep to steep waves 5'6 Vanguard Kite construction
Im 6' 220lbs I haven't kited with the Vanguard in over 8ft faces but it seems to handle pretty good.

sckitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby sckitesurf » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Vanguard all the way. For your size/weight a 5'6" or 5'4" depending on if you want it more for lighter wind or medium/high wind. You'll easily shed a kite size or two. I haven't touched a double digit kite since switching to them. Even when others are on 15M.

surpher
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Brighton VIC, Torquay/Pt Impossible VIC
Style: surf
Gear: Cab Drifter 7m, 9m, 13m.
DHD Ben Wilson White Noise 5'11".
Cab Spade 5'6".

Postby surpher » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:18 am

I'm 180cm and 78kg, riding Hellfire 5'6".

I ride it strapless and I find it hard to get it off the water and control it in the jump (if/when that even happens). Once on a wave with minimal or no pull from the kite, it's a nice cruisy ride in thruster config. But I am seriously considering a narrower and thinner board such as a 5'8" Naish Global.

Bushflyr
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: OR Razor 7m
Caution Spitfire 9m, 10m
Firewire Vanguard 5' 4"
Naish Global 5' 10"
Shinn Monk

Postby Bushflyr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:24 am

Get a Vanguard. Done.

danie178
Medium Poster

Postby danie178 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 am

Riding the FW Dominator, in 5'8'' sweet sweet ride and great in the smaller waves we get here......

But its real heavy, any time I jump it comes off about half way up. Have to have feet quite far foward as well, still Like the ride but would like to see what board weights guys who can do strapless jumps are. Mine is about 4KG or 8pounds.

Any thoughts?

Return to “Kitesurfing”