Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Extreme itch due to wetsuit? Fresh water? red dry blotches..

Forum for kitesurfers
alford
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Extreme itch due to wetsuit? Fresh water? red dry blotches..

Postby alford » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:59 am

alford wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:58 am
That's great, hope Yulex works for you, keep us posted.

jartse1969
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: Eleveight, Best, Brunotti,F-one, Airush
Been thanked: 0

Postby jartse1969 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Informative reading indeed and big thanks for this thread. I'm tested positive for diethylthiourea also and thus not been able to wear any neoprene wet suit here in north Finland!!!. Last summer I found Picture suit with NatrualPrene which work for me. Be careful it was the one with natural rubber not with Limestone. Their gloves and booties with limestone, still called as NaturalPrene?? caused reaction for my skin.

So based on this thread I was bold enough to order Patagonia yulex gloves and booties and I really hope they work for me. Sea is still covered with ice, but summer season will open early May :D

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Protec, Rip Curl

Postby dejavu » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:07 am

Agree Eree. Always wash with fresh water and hang out in shade. Invert to dry both sides. Never Pee in them. Wash thoroughly with mild soapy water once every 10 sessions. Don't hang out and sweat on the beach in the wetsuit. Equals nice fresh and long lasting wetsuit.

kitekook77
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Has thanked: 0

Postby kitekook77 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:47 am

And stop jizzing in your wetsuit, and wash your nuts.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:19 am

dejavu wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:07 am
Agree Eree. Always wash with fresh water and hang out in shade. Invert to dry both sides. Never Pee in them. Wash thoroughly with mild soapy water once every 10 sessions. Don't hang out and sweat on the beach in the wetsuit. Equals nice fresh and long lasting wetsuit.
Wow you know how to care for a wetsuit! You da man! Now if you could just provide a solution to allergies to diethylthiourea that be great!

jartse1969
Rare Poster

Postby jartse1969 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi,

has anyone allergic to diethylthiourea tested Patagonia yulex suit and does it work? Patagonia says they have "Diethylthiourea in small amounts in the solvent glue for seams", see https://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/blog/h ... -wetsuits/. I was just wondering is this small amount at solvent glue still something that do not cause any reaction or only mild tolerable reaction?

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:21 pm

jartse1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:33 pm
Hi,

has anyone allergic to diethylthiourea tested Patagonia yulex suit and does it work? Patagonia says they have "Diethylthiourea in small amounts in the solvent glue for seams", see https://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/blog/h ... -wetsuits/. I was just wondering is this small amount at solvent glue still something that do not cause any reaction or only mild tolerable reaction?
depends on the suit, my shorty I have never reacted to but my R3 and R4 I am now starting to react to... I actually just ordered a drysuit from Ocean Rodeo because of it. It seems I am becoming more and more sensitive to it.
These users thanked the author Laughingman for the post:
jartse1969 (Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:11 pm)
Rating: 10%

jartse1969
Rare Poster

Postby jartse1969 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:21 pm

Laughingman wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:21 pm
jartse1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:33 pm
Hi,

depends on the suit, my shorty I have never reacted to but my R3 and R4 I am now starting to react to... I actually just ordered a drysuit from Ocean Rodeo because of it. It seems I am becoming more and more sensitive to it.
I have dry suit also (it is not really comfortable in use), but I need booties and gloves for extremely cold conditions. I have not find really good solutions with dry booties and gloves. I will give a try for yulex R4 booties and gloves. Unfortunately allergies behave as you said, one becomes more sensitive time by time. I really hope there is going to be real solution for this allergy one day. I have been looking solution over 10 years now.

Return to “Kitesurfing”