Forum for kitesurfers
looktodskies
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Which Bar and Lines

Postby looktodskies » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:11 am

Flying Wainman Rabbits 2.0 14.5m, 10.5m and 7.5m.
Bar for the 7.5m broke recently (getting replaced as warranty issue)
Bar for 14.5m lines just gave way and can see that the rest of the setup is worn too. Had it for 2 years so had decent use.

Want to replace the bar for the bigger kite, thought about the newer wainman carrot bar but want to have heavier center lines. from what i can see they dont come with heavier lines and from my old bar i couldnt get them to work with the swivel anyways.

So any recommendations for new bar? Requirements is decent safety system below the bar hook in, heavier center lines and equal line lengths so it works with the wainman kites.

Slingshot Compstick
North Quad Control
Cabrinha Overdrive 1x

MACTNKA
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Nantucket
Favorite Beaches: Madaket harbor, south shore, jetties
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Core, xennon

Re: Which Bar and Lines

Postby MACTNKA » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:22 pm

I am not to proud of that but I just got the most expensive bar on the market. I had just broken my old core sensor bar. Warranty covered it but because of the good service or maybe just because I am turning into a Kite Geek I got the new core pro bar. It covers most of your bases. Thicker center lines, under bar safety, also comes with the best leash on the market(if you don't unhook), the handlepass one is extra. It's titanium built, so it's supposed to be unbreakable, with techtanium lines(don't ask) that are 50% stronger and have 4 x less stretch. The best thing about it is the safety. It flags out on the two center lines but one pulls 50% more than the other, so the kite just sits down on edge, ready to relaunch. It can be used with any kite. It also has an auto unswivel which is kind of cool but it wears the depower lines quicker. Although core says they look worn but they will last a while, it makes me nervous, so I change mine once a year. The other down side is the price! http://corekites.com/us/sensor-pro-bar

looktodskies
Rare Poster

Postby looktodskies » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Damn! i knew bars had gotten more expensive this year again but didnt think they would get to 600 euro!! :-?

Hmmm looks good though. Would you be able to fly all kites from this? 7 to 14 m?

MACTNKA
Medium Poster

Postby MACTNKA » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Yes. It has a smaller setting for the 5 and 6 m and everithing else 7 through 19 flies on the standard setting. I liked flying my 8 gts2 kite on the smaller setting cause it was way too fast, and felt like my 17 could be a bit faster(wider bar) but all and all great set up.

Jake-Skymonster
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Longniddry, Scotland
Gear: Cabrinha FX / Moto / Contra
Core GTS / XR / Nexus
Ozone Edge
Peter Lynn Swell
Brand Affiliation: www.skymonster.com

Postby Jake-Skymonster » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:04 pm

I've moved on from North to Slingshot this year and I absolutely love the new Compstick - it feels very sturdy, the spectra lines look more durable to those I've had on North bars and it's very comfy to use. For some under-the-bar depower might be an issue, it doesn't bother me though.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish duotone cwb burton ronix rpm ozone

Postby edt » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:11 pm

MACTNKA wrote:It flags out on the two center lines . . . It can be used with any kite.
if it flags on a mini-5th then it can't be used with all kites, because that requires the bridle to depower the kite. many modern kites have such short bridles especially bridles without pulleys that a mini-5th can't depower it. I mean you can fly it on any kite it will fly around in the air but if a squall hits you end up having to release the kite instead of flagging it.

This is the reason by the way cabrinha went from a mini-5th system to a single center flagging system so they were not constrained in their kite design by the safety system and could make shorter bridles.

To be usable on all kites a safety system should flag out to a single center line at least 10 meters. I suspect the rabbit won't work on a mini-5th even tho it has pulleys on the kite because the bridle is so short, it won't roll back into an unpowered position on a mini-5th. The north bars are fantastic some of the best bars on the market but because of the way North uses that high Y I would only recommend north bars on north kites. the other bars you mentioned would be fine. slingshot or this year's cab.

blu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Great Lakes
Favorite Beaches: Cayo Coco
Gear: Flysurfer Ozone Slingshot Cabrinha Nobile Lift LF

Postby blu » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:56 pm

switch bar works great for me
http://switchkites.com/controller2.html

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Liquid Force,
Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:32 pm

COMPSTICK :D

I've owned North, Naish, Best, Liquid Force, BWS, Blade, and a few others and it's going to be really hard to beat the quality and durabilty of the compstick. The bar/lines last for years if you take care of them. Although the bar grip is not as soft as some other brands, the grip doesn't peel off like a lot of other brands. The lines might be the best I've seen. The center lines are 800 lb test and the lines themselves don't get as fuzzy over time like other brands and generally feel stiffer as well. The new depower cleat is much easier than the older comp sticks. The swivel looks pretty much like the rest of the new swivels on the market and it doesn't work 100% time.The safety system flags to 1 front line and the front lines also split low as opposed to the high y. The low split makes self landing much easier IMO since it's easier to grap the top front line when you land. Only real negative for me on the compstick is they don't give you an option to ride with shorter lines. Too bad, because it's a deal breaker for me on the bar I use with my kites under 12m.

MACTNKA
Medium Poster

Postby MACTNKA » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Hey EDT I just looked up the new core safety system and it looks like it will fly the wainmain kites fine. Correct me if I am wrong but this is directly from their site" The best of three worlds. The SUPPORTED SINGLE FRONTLINE SAFETY combines the advantages of single line safety, double frontline and fifth line safety without inheriting the disadvantages of each system. When you release the kite it will blow out, without pressure on only one front line whilst the second front line leads the kite into a stable, very comfortable and especially safe re-launch position. This is a distinctive advantage for hard freestyle training or in the waves and will also save beginners and intermediates a lot of time and effort."The best of The best of three worlds. The SUPPORTED SINGLE FRONTLINE SAFETY combines the advantages of single line safety, double frontline and fifth line safety without inheriting the disadvantages of each system.

When you release the kite it will blow out, without pressure on only one front line whilst the second front line leads the kite into a stable, very comfortable and especially safe re-launch position. This is a distinctive advantage for hard freestyle training or in the waves and will also save beginners and intermediates a lot of time and effort. worlds. The SUPPORTED SINGLE FRONTLINE SAFETY combines the advantages of single line safety, double frontline and fifth line safety without inheriting the disadvantages of each system.

When you release the kite it will blow out, without pressure on only one front line whilst the second front line leads the kite into a stable, very comfortable and especially safe re-launch position. This is a distinctive advantage for hard freestyle training or in the waves and will also save beginners and intermediates a lot of time and effort.best of three worlds. The SUPPORTED SINGLE FRONTLINE SAFETY combines the advantages of single line safety, double frontline and fifth line safety without inheriting the disadvantages of each system.

When you release the kite it will blow out, without pressure on only one front line whilst the second front line leads the kite into a stable, very comfortable and especially safe re-launch position. This is a distinctive advantage for hard freestyle training or in the waves and will also save beginners and intermediates a lot of time and effort. best of three worlds. The SUPPORTED SINGLE FRONTLINE SAFETY combines the advantages of single line safety, double frontline and fifth line safety without inheriting the disadvantages of each system.

When you release the kite it will blow out, without pressure on only one front line whilst the second front line leads the kite into a stable, very comfortable and especially safe re-launch position. This is a distinctive advantage for hard freestyle training or in the waves and will also save beginners and intermediates a lot of time and effort.

MACTNKA
Medium Poster

Postby MACTNKA » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:00 am

Sorry about the copy and triple past:)