Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kite pants

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:25 pm

He heee - have you never wondered why all the other kiters smile and laugh when they look at you ?

Here in Denmark we think it is ridiculous to wear pants - and you never see a Danish kiter wearing pants (why should you ?)

In warmer places where you don't use a wetsuit, I could agree there could be a protection aspect, yes.

We went out at a good spot with nice waves here in the autumn - and there was one german kitesurfer visiting Denmark, when we arrived.
Full 4 or 5 mm wetsuit - AND pants !!!
We were rolling on the ground laughing...

Some apparently think they look cool in pants - just let them believe that (he he), so they get a kick out of it !
And we get an even better kick out of laughing at them !!!

So kitepants ARE really good for something - a BIG JOKE, that makes us smile !
we look rediculous? let me tell you, where I live we find you guys wearing the really short shorts, you know the ones, they look about like a pair of boxer underwear, pretty fu*#@ng rediculous. Not to mention the absolute lack of any style but you also look a bit gay mates! Those shorts don't cover enough, I bet sometimes your dick or nutsack is exposed when yuo go inverted. Pretty sick if you ask me. I'm with BUZZY, as long as you still launch and land me as you do other fellow riders laugh at me all you want. I too don't mind being the subject of your little jokes if it makes you guys feel better or have a funner day. I bet somewhere someone is laughing at kitesurfing itself but damn if that will stop us from kitesurfing.

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:22 am

One good thing about kite pants:
3 pages of forum, they give a great subject for discussion.
Nico

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:05 am

We Hey! Guys go for it!

Germans Vs Danish ! I wanna see you guys rolling around on the floor laughing at the germans! This sounds sooooo funny, a gang of really tough and manly men argueing about PANTS!!! Well i am seriously gonna wear mt Y FRONTS - Remember the Y fronts ? _ on the outside of my wetsuit.

Taina - as a lady, what do you think of Kite pants ?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:35 am

Coming from Cairns in Far Northern Oz, we are now about to enter the Stinger season. We get the box jellyfish which will cause incredible pain and quite possibly be fatal. Skin cancer from sun exposure is another real killer around here. 10-15 minutes is all it takes to get cooked. It is too hot for most people to wear any sort of wetsuit here, even in the middle of winter. I don't own pants but am now confronted with either:
a) give up kiting for the next 6 months
b) buy some pants
c) buy a tight fitting lycra stinger suit
d) wear some XL ladies panty hose and hope they don't "ladder" .
I am a hopelessly addicted kiter who has put in 20 hours a week for the last 5 months so I can't see a) as an option. Stinger suits (while wearing a seat harness)are fine if you don't mind looking like Ben Stiller in that scene from Something About Mary ........"How 'd ya get the beans above the frank?". As for pantyhose, well they look great on freshly shaved legs so I guess they're good for triathletes, cyclists, kitebabes etc. Unfortunately my legs are hairy.
Pants are a real option.
Seriously, who cares what others wear while indulging in this awesome sport. Everyone has their own reason for wearing pants. If I had to choose between wearing pants to avoid a painful death or just don't kite for 6 months.....hmmmmmmmm....easy choice!
Cheers, Brad

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:03 pm

Hey Brad mate - I'm sure all know of the pro's and cons of Kite Pants but lets face it. Sometimes you gotta stop taking things so seriously and laugh a little.

Kiting has so many pitfalls, at least lets laugh at one of the least serious. Pants to everything.

may you bar last long and maintain its firmness.

Ron.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:34 pm

Hey EdDy,

I agree. I've been having a laugh at this topic for a month or more now and then suddenly realised I need to get some (or some substitute)if I'm gonna keep kiting over the Summer. Just added my 2 cents worth to keep this topic going.
As far as my bar goes. No problem with firmness. It's one of those new ergonomically designed models with a bend in it to the left to suit right handers.
Cheers, Brad.

Xboy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Xboy » Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:09 pm

Like I said before lol I dare someone to come up to me and say my pants are naff! Drop it this is stale already. If people want to wear kite pants let them FFS! I bet you guys all your quivers, that if old Lou or Naish states in a Kite Mag that Kite pants are the best thing since a chicken loop safety, everyone would be wearing them!

Look the benefits of wearing kite pants far outweigh its negative effects if any!

That's just my multicolored kite pants worth on the subject!

p.s Maybe we should change the subject to "Have you seen the art work on some of them Gaths" lol Missionman back me up here!!!

:smile:

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:49 pm

On 2002-10-28 13:09, Xboy wrote:
Like I said before lol I dare someone to come up to me and say my pants are naff! Drop it this is stale already. If people want to wear kite pants let them FFS! I bet you guys all your quivers, that if old Lou or Naish states in a Kite Mag that Kite pants are the best thing since a chicken loop safety, everyone would be wearing them!

Look the benefits of wearing kite pants far outweigh its negative effects if any!

That's just my multicolored kite pants worth on the subject!

p.s Maybe we should change the subject to "Have you seen the art work on some of them Gaths" lol Missionman back me up here!!!

:smile:
Buy me a ticket and I'll give it a try! lol.

while your saving look at lou's new outfit (wainman)

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:06 am

How about this for a reason:

Loose and baggy pants will create more drag in the water therefore you will not get dragged too far away from your board when you lose it.

The board is pushed downwind by the wind which effects the surface of the water more than down deeper, where your pants are.

So are you, being dragged through the water downwind, by the pull of the kite, even when it's in "neutral". So the baggier the pants the slower you move downwind and the closer to your board you stay.

It's easy to say: don't lose your board. Just as easy as riding always on the safe side. But where does the fun come in if you can't push the limits.

kiter888
Rare Poster

Postby kiter888 » Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:35 am

i wear the pants cause i got chicken legs.

...and it's better when i go to the shops for a quick bite between sessions. Only wear em over a crude fullsuit in cold weather thou... board shorts and a non skintight polyester t-shirt over a shortie. Wearing pants is only "tryhard" if it's warm and there's no rocks or jellies and other nasty stuff around.

Return to “Kitesurfing”