splatnikGanglion
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best time to visit US west coast for kitesurfing

Postby splatnikGanglion » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:43 am

Bay area kiting is amazing, never had a chance to ride socal because the wind didn't cooperate while I was in town. Spots I rode or saw while in the area:

Wadell: Super fun pacific wave riding in a super beautiful location. I'm biased because I only surf kite these days. Wadell was also really fun to surf when the wind wasn't cooperating.

3rd Ave: Meh. It's a bay with bay chop, easy access and tons of people to ride with. Lots of beginners but it's fun riding with friendly people. Seems to get wind before most of the bay spots.

Alameda: Bay riding with a sandy area to rig and launch. Great beginner spot but never had wind while I was there.

Berkeley: don't know, didn't ride there

Crissy: UNREAL. Also, lots of reasons to be scared of that spot. My rule was: don't launch unless other kiters are present and make sure you talk with them first. If no one is riding, there is a reason, it's not just coincidence.

north bay: dunno

Sherman: Such a rad spot. Lots of wind, river rollers, butter behind islands, place is really fun.

Return to “Kitesurfing”