Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Dropping the hook & slider, BRM bar and Ride Engine mod.

Forum for kitesurfers
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Dropping the hook & slider, BRM bar and Ride Engine mod.

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:59 am

iriejohn wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:25 am
alford wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:20 pm
Yup, shortly after posting I realized what a bad idea, a big enough hole in the spreader bar would compromise the strength too much. I still like the concept of a hole in the middle however, that way you could have a long enough bury on the loop side and a stopper knot on the other to adjust length. Other than maybe the RE carbon spreader bar I can't think of any that would work. Maybe a J-Bar?
Jay bar would work because the hook is threaded and secured by two nuts. It comes without the hook installed btw. The bar is seriously strong.
And it comes with a U-bolt.
These users thanked the author Kamikuza for the post:
iriejohn (Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:29 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Dropping the hook & slider, BRM bar and Ride Engine mod.

Postby ronnie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:26 am

Macster wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:46 am
I've been making my own lines and it would be cool to make a light weight bar for my foil kite similar to the BRM.

Can anyone please post a photo of what the bar looks like when the safety line is flagged out / released?

I'm guessing one of the two dyneema ropes stays attached to the quick release (which are connected to the centre lines), thereby allowing one centre / power line to stay tensioned and for the kite to flag out?

Thanks

Return to “Kitesurfing”