Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Re: Best Wetsuit : O'neill pyrotech ?

Postby bragnouff » Tue May 14, 2019 3:27 am

Front entry requires a bit of practice, but then once you're used to it, it's actually better at keeping the water at bay. And it's also much better for surfing. I hate the extra bits of zipper in the back of the neck, source of stiffness and pain eventually. No big deal for kiting though.

I've been very happy with O'Neill wetsuits for a long time. HOWEVER, there is a material used in some of their wetsuit ranges that has an incredibly strong rubbery smell. So strong that it fills the room where you dry your wetsuit, and sticks to your skin for a couple of days. It definitely reeks and if I had known that this wouldn't fade away after a year, I'd have returned my son's wetsuit. Another friend (and his partner) was mentioning that problem, and I couldn't comprehend it until I experienced it too. The models with the blue "TB2" inner material are fine, the ones with a black material are the ones I'd avoid.

[EDIT:] that's what I'm talking about!
https://www.reddit.com/r/surfing/commen ... like_weed/

paxs
Rare Poster
Local Beach: balaton,pula,...
Favorite Beaches: Barra Grande,Paracuru
Gear: Dice,Neo Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best Wetsuit : O'neill pyrotech ?

Postby paxs » Tue May 14, 2019 8:24 am

Btw, most (if not all) of the brands that you're considering are made in the same factory along with many others. Wetsuit quality is "splitting hairs" within the same price points imo.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesasia ... e9be6e3d40
[/quote]

ITs true ION is made in same factory as others big brands.

But does not mean that all are same quality.

Also ION have 2 years warranty and have best customers support what i saw in last 15 years for reclamation.... Something goes off after year or more they change you wetsuit and you receive brand new without questions...

Return to “Kitesurfing”