deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Where have you stayed in Dominican republic

Postby deniska » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:02 pm

- You can go golf bag route (get a golf bag deceiver), do a curbside check in with a small tip to increase your chances in JFK.
- I believe jetblue accepts kiteboards for $50USD one way, so you can just tell them you have one and pay. (check their sport gear policy)
- You can buy a split board and fit it in regular luggage.
- you can rent it there. If you stay at Millennium you can rent it at LEK, right on premisses.

So far I have been lucky with the golf bag (did not pay any extras on my last 3-4 trips, including Jetblue JFK to POP)

rocktor
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Jimmy Lewis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby rocktor » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:18 am

deniska wrote:- You can go golf bag route (get a golf bag deceiver), do a curbside check in with a small tip to increase your chances in JFK.
- I believe jetblue accepts kiteboards for $50USD one way, so you can just tell them you have one and pay. (check their sport gear policy)
- you can rent it there. If you stay at Millennium you can rent it at LEK, right on premisses.

So far I have been lucky with the golf bag (did not pay any extras on my last 3-4 trips, including Jetblue JFK to POP)
Yes I checked again and I am happy to pay $50 for the board. Thanks. Flight booked! Hotel booked! I am going to bring my regular board on my golf bag but I can't bring my lightwind board. Looking for a bag big enough for my big board now.

Touche
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Hook, NJ
Gear: N/A

Postby Touche » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:00 pm

rocktor wrote:
deniska wrote:- You can go golf bag route (get a golf bag deceiver), do a curbside check in with a small tip to increase your chances in JFK.

Yes I checked again and I am happy to pay $50 for the board. Thanks. Flight booked! Hotel booked! I am going to bring my regular board on my golf bag but I can't bring my lightwind board. Looking for a bag big enough for my big board now.

How much is the price running with flight and hotel? I have friends with a condo in DR that rent it out but with flight costs it seems like all inclusive usually gets the super cheap flights

rocktor
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Jimmy Lewis

Postby rocktor » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Touche wrote:
rocktor wrote:

How much is the price running with flight and hotel? I have friends with a condo in DR that rent it out but with flight costs it seems like all inclusive usually gets the super cheap flights

Flight $450 round trip, Hotel $700 (8 nights). Hotel can range from $ 130 to $3000 for a week.

Return to “Kitesurfing”