Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha FX

Forum for kitesurfers
rolf
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Mirns and Muiderberg
Favorite Beaches: Mirns
Style: Oldscool
Gear: Currentley Cabrinha fx 8 and 10m. 2016. after Cabrinha co2 2004 2005 and de past 9 years North Vegas
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha FX

Postby rolf » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:20 pm

superpak101 wrote:Has any one had any problems with the durability of the double rip stop on your FX?

I previously had a quiver of 2012 SBs and flew them tons without any canopy issues.

With my new FX, I've already had to patch it four times.

Nothing has changed with my riding or the way I treat my kite, which is always good, but the material definitely seems significantly less durable IMO.
I hope not,because i received my 8 en 10m. 2 weeks ago. Sounds alarming.

Matt Air
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lakes in Dallas, TX
USA
Favorite Beaches: Have kited in Southern Brazil, Greece, Texas coasts, and Hawaii
Style: Freestyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab Fx 9,12, Kitech foil kites 9m, 12m, Alpine foil, Xenon La Luz TT, cloud kite 5.5, 9m Ozone Edge

Postby Matt Air » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:11 pm

Has anyone foiled with the FX? Comments would be appreciated.

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:43 pm

i sometimes foil the 12m, its the only size i got...it stays in the air in 10+ knots and has decent drift, i find i like it for strapless foiling a lot cause of the looping characteristics of the kite, however for strapped foiling the kite doesn't really jump well in light wind and drops u too easily, thats to be expected though

another negative is relaunch, it relaunches fine in twin tip winds, but in the window pf 10-13k its a bitch

other than that its a great kite to foil with and prefer it to strapless foiling compared to a 13m velocity

strapped foiling, i got with the velocity

Matt Air
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lakes in Dallas, TX
USA
Favorite Beaches: Have kited in Southern Brazil, Greece, Texas coasts, and Hawaii
Style: Freestyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab Fx 9,12, Kitech foil kites 9m, 12m, Alpine foil, Xenon La Luz TT, cloud kite 5.5, 9m Ozone Edge

Postby Matt Air » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks jespin4845! What u say makes a lot of sense. I think kites with more floaty jumps are easier to land. I wasnt planning on using FX for very light winds. Useful to hear that the kite works for u with strapless foiling.

Return to “Kitesurfing”