Forum for kitesurfers
seaplus
Medium Poster
Gear: Naish, CrazyFly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: advice for Aruba for Kite destination please

Postby seaplus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Doing a quick 3-day kite-trip to Aruba in a couple weeks and plan to ride exclusively at Boca Grandi. But tight flight connections (less than 1 hour) have me nervous about checking a golf-bag so I'm planning on leaving my board at home & just carry-on...but 2 kites, harness, & bar crammed in a couple carry-ons will be quite a chore.

Question...should I chance it with just one kite (9m) or should I bring my 12m too?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Doing a quick 3-day kite-trip to Aruba in a couple weeks and plan to ride exclusively at Boca Grandi. But tight flight connections (less than 1 hour) have me nervous about checking a golf-bag so I'm planning on leaving my board at home & just carry-on...but 2 kites, harness, & bar crammed in a couple carry-ons will be quite a chore.
Question...should I chance it with just one kite (9m) or should I bring my 12m too?
Hello seaplus.
If I was you I would bring the 12 and 9 meter kite. If you want to pack small make sure to use 1 or 2 vacuum bags to make things very small. You won't believe how small they get once you vacuum them.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seaplus
Medium Poster
Gear: Naish, CrazyFly
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby seaplus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Yep Dimitri...I've done just that and it will work (but tight).
Thanks...

Return to “Kitesurfing”