Forum for kitesurfers
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 2:50 pm
- Brand Affiliation: None
Im getting conflicting forcast from different sites?? Can anybody recommend a accurate forcast site ??
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 41269
- Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2000
- Weight: 98 kg
- Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
- Favorite Beaches: same
- Style: Airstyle
- Gear: Rebel 2015 18
- Brand Affiliation: None.
- Location: World (KF Admin)
Look at whatever site, but if it is East wind, it will be ok, if not too light. Something up to 15 knots in gusts I would say will be wind enough to go out.
If it is cloudy it is not good for the thermal. So sunshine and East wind.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:10 pm
- Local Beach: Kite Beach, Cabarete, Dominican Republic
- Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Cabarete!
- Style: freestyle, directional, foil
- Gear: 2018 Cabrinha FX 8 and 10 m
- Brand Affiliation: Dare2fly Kiteboarding School
- Location: Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Truth is all the forecasts suck and are never right. It's a long story that has lots of speculation surrounding it, like none of the windmeters are in ideal locations. Anyhow, statistically, we have kiteable conditions 300 days per year. This winter has been a little on the crappy side, but I hear it has something to do with el nino or something like that (I really don't know, because I just look at the trees to see if I will be able to kite on a given day). I wrote a blog post about it if you are interested. It has charts and other info based on the past 8 years of data. http://cabaretecondos.com/cabarete-wind/
Kitexcite also has a really good webpage that has documented the conditions based on their personal data from being on the beach for like 10 years. Stafan, the owner, has kept track of it: http://www.kitexcite.com/new-wind-forecast/
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests