Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Re: which strapless surfboard?

Postby madworld » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:39 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:35 pm
madworld wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:39 pm
Discussion brought back from the dead,

Any comments on the Naish strapless wonder GS?

Also Core ripper 4

or order a custom Loyd flying pig version 2.
I'm a big fan of Loyd (I have the Kite Rocket). The Ripper has the same PU construction, but it also has inserts for straps, so it won't have the same sweet flex and is a bit heavier than a dedicated strapless board. I've ridden the Ripper3 and really liked it, but it didn't compare to my Loyd. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of Core's choice to use FCS fin boxes.

If you like PU construction, you might want to take a look at Eleveight's Curl Pro. It's actually handmade in Portugal, so it's close to a custom made like Loyd. It also has what I prefer - Futures fin boxes. I've had some time on their Escape Pro and really like it.

Naish's new Strapless Wonder looks pretty nice. Why the GS version? The non GS looks plenty durable and will likely have a better flex profile (nicer for chop). It looks like Naish uses the FCS Fusion fin boxes, so keep that in mind if you have a box preference. :thumb:

Yes, my criteria would be boards with futures, wondering what the Naish GS construction is?

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: which strapless surfboard?

Postby clint2070 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:09 am

Tomo Evo in XTR construction

Return to “Kitesurfing”