Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco
Style: Old school
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: which strapless surfboard?

Postby AirBunny » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Yeah, your right! I allowed your symptom to contaminate me. Bad!

It took you 6 years? Seriously? That's sad, I'm sorry. Some people are slow to figure things out, bit it's no sin, child. What's even stranger is that you are studying my posts! Man I wish my students studied my syllabus that closely. Hm, I must be doing something right here...

So I wasn't really calling anybody names. He really IS a proud Marxist... Glad I'm not guilty of that one

Anymore irrelevant personal attacks to clear up?

BTW, where in that post did I claim I ride unhooked? I'm not an idiot, I observe others and can make my intelligent observations, conclusions, and inferences. You are probably the ones who claim what you don't do, know, or understand.

Is this all? More questions?

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:39 pm

alamos_kiter wrote:rocker reflects the curvature of the wave. Slop requires flat-ish rocker for speed, and a snappy tail, clean wave requires a decent surf rocker, and decent wind to get back out again. A wide traditional fish shape with volume being a good solution for decent waves with little wind.
Absolutely. Sad the fish suffers from being out of fashion these days. I'd say that you don't even have to go traditional full on parallel rail. You can shed a ton o foam and up the performance in light wind waves on a fish with a modern outline.

This little board is killer in light wind with a kite.

https://youtu.be/Cnrm4xtq-Bs

Fashion.... whatever. the fish will be cool again soon enough.
Last edited by Starsky on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ulx
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter-Ording, Germany
Favorite Beaches: Klitmøller (Denmark) and South Africa
Style: Strapless Surf- and Foilboard
Gear: Slingshot SST 8,7,6,5
Firewire Vader
Ketos Foil with Kakoo board 108x44

Postby ulx » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:40 pm

Ouch. I still hope that all this is a joke. Just like a little while back with this guy BobMarley? and his wild theories about himself and the kiteworld.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:00 am

Starsky wrote:[....Fashion.... whatever. the fish will be cool again soon enough.
Sod fashion. There is stuff that works and stuff that won't, in your particular conditions.

Nice vid.

And sod that f'n knut ffs. Pseudo intellectual menopausal psycho knut that is.
Last edited by alamos_kiter on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:18 am

AirBunny wrote:Yeah, your right! I allowed your symptom to contaminate me. Bad!

It took you 6 years? Seriously? That's sad, I'm sorry. Some people are slow to figure things out, bit it's no sin, child. What's even stranger is that you are studying my posts! Man I wish my students studied my syllabus that closely. Hm, I must be doing something right here...

So I wasn't really calling anybody names. He really IS a proud Marxist... Glad I'm not guilty of that one

Anymore irrelevant personal attacks to clear up?

BTW, where in that post did I claim I ride unhooked? I'm not an idiot, I observe others and can make my intelligent observations, conclusions, and inferences. You are probably the ones who claim what you don't do, know, or understand.

Is this all? More questions?
FYI you can't be contaminated by a symptom.

In truth its taken me much longer than 6 to really grow into it. I think getting decent air was season 2. Going big season 3. Boots, season 4. Back to C kites in season 5. Strapless season 6. Strapless airs season 7. from there it was some more bridled kites, gave up on big kites, back to C's, now a mixed quiver. Board turnover really slowed down as I started to get it dialled, but there was a shit ton of boards in that first say 7 years. Now my quiver is pretty much my dream quiver and I find Im still a much better rider than I was the year before. I guess its 12 and counting.

Don't worry I have a pretty keen memory, I just type in your user name and a snippet of some classic line I know you've shared and there it is, offered up for you to ignore. No studying required.

As for the rest, you never claimed to unhook and indeed can observe, but I posit there is still something in the doing that might flesh out your opinion a bit. There are a few photos of me, slightly under 500lbs but plenty of sloth, doing what were here talkin bout. Hey there was one just a couple posts ago! If you like, you can show us one of your new moves?
Last edited by Starsky on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:00 am

Starsky wrote: If you like, you can show us one of your new moves?
No please don't.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:26 am

ulx wrote:Ouch. I still hope that all this is a joke.
Just like a little while back with this guy BobMarley? and his wild theories about himself and the kiteworld.
Nope, no joke....she is for real....or she thinks so anyway. :lol:
She's getting infamous quickly, not quite as quickly as the legendary Bob Marley but...
...she is on the fast track to forum fame and the train is running full steam ahead.
What is interesting to me, is that this is coming from a woman.
In my years, I've found the vast majority of women far less likely to talk shite all day about stuff they have little or no clue about, specifically because most women historically have lived in a world dominated by the male ego (and the physical domination that has often come with that), so they've learned to make damn sure they know what the fluk they are talking about before they shoot their mouths off. ....Definitely not the case here.
Frankly, I'm surprised at how civil and restrained many here have been toward the Bunny.
I'm not sure what this old chick is trying to prove, but my wife thinks she is hilarious.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:28 am

Airbunny,
This conversation reminds me of many we all had with one bob Marley. Look him up. If he was the king of righteous indignation you are certainly the Queen.

It's been a while since we've had a class clown around here. Thanks for sacrificing yourself to the heathen gods!

I too would like to see you back up your words with some pics. I'm sure you will be as impressive in image as your are in print!

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:03 am

Oldnbroken wrote: Frankly, I'm surprised at how civil and restrained many here have been toward the Bunny.

http://youtu.be/4e9CkhBb18E

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Postby windybrit » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Hey Bunny, Pathetic not being able give a woman credit for anything, completely correct , applying it
to me ,completely wrong, apology accepted. I hope your experiences on this forum, and as a kiter, continue to remain as positive as mine have been, all the best.

AirBunny wrote:It's called intelligence! BTW, did you notice how the Brit didn't respond to me when I asked whether less skilled kiters will have a hard time on a pro surf board, but once you and alamo partoted my observation, it was 'bang on'... He can't give a woman credit for anything and neither can you. That's so pathetic

Return to “Kitesurfing”