Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha 2016

Postby jespin4845 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:49 pm

POACHER wrote:None of my Cab bars' Recoil systems have slipped.........
And the single flag line has never stuck when deployed either.

I'm with C Johnson, I don't mind the Recoil system at all. The only thing that's a minor annoyance is winding it when done.

My question to Steve or any of the other Cab dealers on the Trimlite (non-Recoil), is how is the depower throw at the bar? Is it the same length as the Recoil system? More or less?

I don't like on cleat systems that when you depower them, you shorten your length of throw at the bar. This isn't a big deal if you live somewhere that has steady, consistent wind. Here on inland lakes sometimes you need every cm of bar throw to absorb the big gusts that hit you out of nowhere. The Recoil actually works really well for this imo.
to each his own, mine always slipped if you depowered a tiny bit, and then sent a huge one, or a kite loop...dont get me wrong, depowered a lot it would not slip, but when its a tiny bit it did...irrelevant though, the kites have so much depower that it didn't bother me...

now what does bother me are the cabrinha lines, they are shit...stretch like crazy or "shrink" as they put it....when you have slingshot or core lines that don't stretch, you come to loathe cabrinha lines

bigwave
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Airush, Flysurfer
Boards: DSD Intel,Moses
Harnesses: Mystic
Wetsuits: Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:45 am

jespin4845 wrote:
POACHER wrote:None of my Cab bars' Recoil systems have slipped.........
And the single flag line has never stuck when deployed either.

I'm with C Johnson, I don't mind the Recoil system at all. The only thing that's a minor annoyance is winding it when done.

My question to Steve or any of the other Cab dealers on the Trimlite (non-Recoil), is how is the depower throw at the bar? Is it the same length as the Recoil system? More or less?

I don't like on cleat systems that when you depower them, you shorten your length of throw at the bar. This isn't a big deal if you live somewhere that has steady, consistent wind. Here on inland lakes sometimes you need every cm of bar throw to absorb the big gusts that hit you out of nowhere. The Recoil actually works really well for this imo.
to each his own, mine always slipped if you depowered a tiny bit, and then sent a huge one, or a kite loop...dont get me wrong, depowered a lot it would not slip, but when its a tiny bit it did...irrelevant though, the kites have so much depower that it didn't bother me...

now what does bother me are the cabrinha lines, they are shit...stretch like crazy or "shrink" as they put it....when you have slingshot or core lines that don't stretch, you come to loathe cabrinha lines
1. I have never had any slippage using the Cabrinha depower system since there inception in 2001. It works fine but the new cleat is very nice.

2. The Cabrinha Lines are anything but shit. Every bar much to our dismay comes from the factory requiring a pre tensioning which tightens all the knots and pigtails. We do this for every customer to insure the kite flies correctly. one of my current bars has 16hrs (I keep a log and check every 6 hrs) with zero stretch. The lines are stiff, no issues drift launching or water landing and winding them up.

jpkiter
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: NJ ( Lakes Bay, Brigantine, Tuckerton)
Favorite Beaches: Lakes Bay,NJ
Brigantine,NJ
Dock St. NJ
Florida Flats, Key West
Gear: Cabrinha kites, Epic kites, BRO-KITE POP 130X 40, HEIN custom boards, AXIS Vanguard+Nuskool, Kokotat drysuits

Postby jpkiter » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:54 am

wow...thanks for the pics of comparisons....with the new cleat system... it appears I will never be able to reach the strap......bummer

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.
Has thanked: 0

Postby foilonfoil » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:11 am

bigwave wrote:
2. The Cabrinha Lines are anything but shit. Every bar much to our dismay comes from the factory requiring a pre tensioning which tightens all the knots and pigtails. We do this for every customer to insure the kite flies correctly. one of my current bars has 16hrs (I keep a log and check every 6 hrs) with zero stretch. The lines are stiff, no issues drift launching or water landing and winding them up.

They stretch. They also have adjustable pigtails. Cabrinha provides a video detailing how to check for stretch. You need to get out in real conditions.

bigwave
Frequent Poster
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Airush, Flysurfer
Boards: DSD Intel,Moses
Harnesses: Mystic
Wetsuits: Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:22 am

foilonfoil wrote:
bigwave wrote:

They stretch. They also have adjustable pigtails. Cabrinha provides a video detailing how to check for stretch. You need to get out in real conditions.
LMFAO !

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.

Postby foilonfoil » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:43 am

bigwave wrote:
foilonfoil wrote:
bigwave wrote:

LMFAO !
Well you did walk into that one ;)

mdipalma
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Barletta south coast
Favorite Beaches: Paros Pounda
Style: freestyle/wakestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Chaos, Cabrinha Xcaliber
Been thanked: 0

Postby mdipalma » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:38 am

In not different color, is much color: for 2016 you'll find the same 3 colors of now plus other 3.
This is fx 2016.
I like too much the new bar with cleat, and there is a system to prevent the use of rope...is made in cabrinha.
The new fix bar will be in 3 different and for me perfect size: 60cm, 52cm and 44cm. The overdrive will be classic or with cleat and the bar of new chaos in 44cm with harder grip and big chikenloop without finger
The fx is the same because it is out from March 2015 and the kite is perfect in this way... :thumb:

C Johnson wrote:I'm super stoked on my 2015 10/14 FX combo. mdipalma is right. the new FX is just different colors.

I could care less about the cleat option. I used to ride kites with cleats and I was always having to change the rope out from wear. I love the bungee system Cabrinha has been using for years because its maintenance free, clean (no crap flopping in your face) and it never slips. I suspect they added the cleat option because not everyone prefers the same thing.
mdipalma wrote:Is not true, there isn't a new model year of FX...FX will be the same...they made also new colors, so in the 2016 the color will be 6 and no like today 3... who buyed fx in april, may june ecc..done a big deal because the fx will be the same untin Agust 2016...
shawn13 wrote:I wonder how pissed FX owners are that your <6 month old new kite is being replaced now with a new model year?

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Been thanked: 0

Postby shawn13 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:37 am

meccaloha wrote:The new bar
Man so much choice...ffs

meccaloha
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0