Anyone try these NP Booties???

Forum for kitesurfers
shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Anyone try these NP Booties???

Postby shawn13 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:27 pm

Has anyone tried these NP Elite booties, they claim they are designed with 3mm material and have the warmth of 5mm. Feedback would be great as I am considering purchasing them today as an urgent replacement. I hate boots but sometimes am forced to wear them. I prefer socks for the thinness but since these are thin and warm they might do the trick.
21.jpg
21.jpg (17.29 KiB) Viewed 2763 times
http://usa.npsurf.com/products/protecti ... split.html

randycasburn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lee Side, Ft. Walton Beach, FL
Destin Pass
Beasley Park
Big Sabine
Favorite Beaches: Lee Side Park, Ft. Walton Beach
Beasley Park, Ft. Walton Beach
OBX Sound side
Kailua, Oahu
Kahanamoku Beach Honolulu, Oahu
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17
Ocean Rodeo Crave 12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
Ocean Rodeo Mako 150

Ocean Rodeo Origin Light 159
Ocean Rodeo Duke
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anyone try these NP Booties???

Postby randycasburn » Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

I don't own them but have had them on my feet. They are very, very comfy. They feel more like socks than booties (if the fit is proper). They are super stretchy so they are easier to get on and off than ordinary boots.

I would not hesitate to buy them. ( I didn't because I'm too cheap :wink: )

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada

Postby shawn13 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks!

Don Monnot
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Don Monnot » Fri May 22, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm a big fan of no-zipper booties. They're much warmer than those with zippers. They've always been a pain to get on and off, so if NP has a pair with stretchier material, that's a big plus. I own a pair of O'Neill booties that have a little different cut that are also super easy to get on and off, but they are also very thick (which I like for the warmth factor--water has now warmed up to 37 degrees F).

I never liked the Big Toe style, but that's just my preference. Always seemed less warm and kind of annoying to have something between my toes.

Don

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10

Postby Slappysan » Fri May 22, 2015 7:56 pm

While I am a big fan of NP Surf and use lots of their gear I wouldn't buy any other bootie than xcel drylock. If you seat the drylock to your skin and then put your wetsuit over top your feet stay dry the whole session which is both more comfortable and warmer.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Sat May 23, 2015 9:12 pm

randycasburn wrote:I don't own them but have had them on my feet. They are very, very comfy. They feel more like socks than booties (if the fit is proper). They are super stretchy so they are easier to get on and off than ordinary boots.

I would not hesitate to buy them. ( I didn't because I'm too cheap :wink: )
Shawn13, as randycasburn would've heard me say a million times by now, I HATE booties. I don't like the way you lose the feel of the board, the way you have to modify your straps from barefoot, etc...I even usually ride barefoot while using my Soul drysuit in the winter (yes, it even gets below freezing here :wink: ). However, once I tried these NP Elite booties on, I decided to buy a pair for myself. They are so thin, you actually feel like you're almost barefoot. I had no perception of loss of board feel. I haven't had them in frigid water yet, as I only got them in April. However, I did take them on our trip to Hatteras a few weeks ago and rode them there on a downwinder. I'm glad that I've got them and I'm happy to FINALLY have found a pair that I like. No more suffering with cold feet! :thumb:

DISCLAIMER: I sell these and bunch of others.

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron

Postby shawn13 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:27 pm

I didnt end up getting these because they didnt have my size :( They had a bunch that were there for warranty tho, with tears up the ankles. The pair i did try on were really comfy, i also hate boots and go through a pair of neo sock monthly. When they get my size i will get a pair and see how durable they are.

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Mon May 25, 2015 12:13 am

shawn13 wrote:I didnt end up getting these because they didnt have my size :( They had a bunch that were there for warranty tho, with tears up the ankles. The pair i did try on were really comfy, i also hate boots and go through a pair of neo sock monthly. When they get my size i will get a pair and see how durable they are.
If your size 11 you can have mine. I have not used them yet and I really don't like the feeling of the split toe. I must admit,they seem pretty comfortable when I tried them on but I would need some time with them to get use to the toe feel.

kitingkt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitingkt » Tue May 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi BW,

PM sent.

bigwave wrote:If your size 11 you can have mine. I have not used them yet and I really don't like the feeling of the split toe. I must admit,they seem pretty comfortable when I tried them on but I would need some time with them to get use to the toe feel.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Tue May 26, 2015 7:59 pm

I have a set and love them. To be fair I'm not sure if its the same brand. But they look exactly the same.

Return to “Kitesurfing”