DocDeuce
Medium Poster
Local Beach: IOP, Sullivans Island, Folly Beach
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Switch Helium 18m vs nitro 4 16m

Postby DocDeuce » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi guys, Has anyone any experience with the helium and nitro 4 16m? I'm looking for a lighter wind Kite. I have ridden the helium in 12mph and it was okay. Not sure if I would have more fun with the nitro 16m... I know i would lose a little bit on the low end , but it seems that it would move a little faster than the helium so I could move it more creating a bit more power. By the way I'm 205lbs. looking forward to some advice.

DD

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha

Re: Switch Helium 18m vs nitro 4 16m

Postby NHKitesurfer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:13 pm

I have a 10m and 12m Nitro and the Helium. I can't imagine the nitro 16m being a good light wind kite and doubt it would stay in the air quite like the Helium does. I think if you were targeting 14knots the nitro could be a lot more fun if it fly's anything like my 12m. Then again, I really like the Helium and think it's a fantastic light wind kite. Friends who have tried it and compared it their 17m and 18m light wind kites are in love with the Helium too. Oh and I'm 205# too so the comps are equal.

DocDeuce
Medium Poster

Postby DocDeuce » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks for the response... My only issue with the helium is the bar pressure. Way to light for me. Any tweaks that will give me a bit more bar pressure feel for me? I know its a light wind kite but i would like just a bit more bar feel, if you know what i mean...

DD

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha

Postby NHKitesurfer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:38 pm

DocDeuce wrote:Thanks for the response... My only issue with the helium is the bar pressure. Way to light for me. Any tweaks that will give me a bit more bar pressure feel for me? I know its a light wind kite but i would like just a bit more bar feel, if you know what i mean...

DD
Can't help you there but maybe Felix or someone from the Switch forum can help?

sflinux
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: Joe Blair, L41, Meyerhoffer, Rusty, Tom Wegener, & Cloud IX

Postby sflinux » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Have you tried moving the pigtail attachment's at the tailing edge of the kite? Typically the farther away from the tailing edge the pigtail attachment is, the higher the bar pressure, (& typically the slower the turning speed).

DocDeuce
Medium Poster

Postby DocDeuce » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:15 pm

Thanks, Im probably happier having the turning speed and lower bar pressure. Oh well It was a thought...

DD

Return to “Kitesurfing”