Forum for kitesurfers
BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash
Brand Affiliation: None

Handlepass attachments for air passes ?

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:26 am

I am landing some basic handlepasses and using the steel ring on tha back of the harness. Was pulled backwards yesterday by a looping kite when I stuffed up a "313". What attachments points are people using for air passes ? The standard handlepass leashes are not long enough to attach to the front of the harness and get over my head (6:2ft / 189cm high).
I am using a Naish Cartel harness which does have an emergency release pin for the PU tubing on the back so could have pulled this if it got worse. Wondering whether to stick with the steel ring or try a front system.Do the pkra guys use the front attachment due to doing doubles ?
Suggestions ?
thanks

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: Handlepass attachments for air passes ?

Postby edt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:08 pm

hadlow use a front leash, as for extra long leashes there's a lot of ways to extend your leash. For hadlow he uses the attachment on his harness, but you can make a loop around the spreader bar to the side.

Most pro riders still back leash. If you are front leashed when you drop the bar on a failed trick the kite pulls you forward and sometimes you don't have to come off your plane you can just reel in the kite and keep riding. Back leashed if you drop the bar you always crash. that's the real reason hadlow front leashes he mentioned it in one of those videos. This is a new harness I still need to tape up that carabiner near the release so the hook isn't open.

kitenico
Medium Poster
Local Beach: colombia
Favorite Beaches: cabo de la vela , puntagallinas , chivor , calima , cartagena ,puerto velero
Style: freeride, freestyle , wakestyle , race
Gear: bandit 9,12
edge 17
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Handlepass attachments for air passes ?

Postby kitenico » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:48 pm

I usually add extensions in the back of ther harness like the ones that come with cahbrina kites, one or two will do

Return to “Kitesurfing”