Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite Gear Stolen - South Florida

Forum for kitesurfers
SO_FL_Kiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter, FL; Juno Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Kitebeach, Biscayne Bay
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: 15M LF Envy, 12M North Rebel, 11M SS Rev2, 10M North Rhino, 9M LF Session, Airush Sector, Naish Custom Global 6'2", Liquid Force 5'7" FCD, Cabrinha Custom 136, Crazyfly Raptor 132
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite Gear Stolen - South Florida

Postby SO_FL_Kiter » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:53 pm

I live in Jupiter, FL and my car was broken into last night and I had my Airush Sector V1.5, Naish Custom Global 6'2" and black Dakine Pyro harness stolen. For some reason, they left my 15M LF Envy untouched. I'm going to be watching craigslist for this stuff to turn up, and I'd obviously recognize it if I saw it at my local, but please help keep an eye out. My Sector has very distinctive wear marks on the left rail of the board; I store it in a rack and the chain has left some distinctive wear on the left rail around the middle of the board that is completely absent on the right side of the board. Also, the front foot straps have been replaced with Dakine red/black/white directional straps. If you see or hear anything, please let me know.

Chris
561-281-7785

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Re: Kite Gear Stolen - South Florida

Postby FLandOBX » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:03 pm

That sucks. Sorry to hear about your gear being stolen. I will keep an eye out for it in Central Florida.

Odd that they left your Envy. Maybe someone surprised them in the act and they had to run before loading up with everything??? It still just sucks. :(

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:59 am

SO_FL_Kiter wrote:For some reason, they left my 15M LF Envy untouched.
Sounds like experienced kiters :lol: I'll keep an eye out.

SO_FL_Kiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter, FL; Juno Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Kitebeach, Biscayne Bay
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: 15M LF Envy, 12M North Rebel, 11M SS Rev2, 10M North Rhino, 9M LF Session, Airush Sector, Naish Custom Global 6'2", Liquid Force 5'7" FCD, Cabrinha Custom 136, Crazyfly Raptor 132

Postby SO_FL_Kiter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Thankfully criminals are stupid...

Both of my boards were pawned about 15 miles from where they were stolen. Florida requires a fingerprint and ID, and all items are held for 30 days before being placed on the shop floor. Jupiter Detectives had been reviewing the online database of recently pawned items and came up with a hit for the 2 boards. Stolen by some 22 year old kid who lives the next street over from me; multiple arrests for B&E, dealing in stolen property, hit and run, etc. From talking to the detective, he's now facing 4 felony charges. It's up to the pawn shop what to do, but in this case they released the boards back to me.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:15 pm

SO_FL_Kiter wrote:Thankfully criminals are stupid...

Both of my boards were pawned about 15 miles from where they were stolen. Florida requires a fingerprint and ID, and all items are held for 30 days before being placed on the shop floor. Jupiter Detectives had been reviewing the online database of recently pawned items and came up with a hit for the 2 boards. Stolen by some 22 year old kid who lives the next street over from me; multiple arrests for B&E, dealing in stolen property, hit and run, etc. From talking to the detective, he's now facing 4 felony charges. It's up to the pawn shop what to do, but in this case they released the boards back to me.
Happy ending then, you get your stuff back and that kid gets what he deserves. One less punk on the street.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Glad you got your stuff back!

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:46 pm

One of the things i absolutely HATE, about living in a condo
in Vegas, (with no garage) ; i got to empty my van , every time
i come home from doing any of my sports . Usually i'm in no mood
to deal with cleaning my van when i get home from doing anything physical
and Fun ; if i don't though , (the equipment is gonna be Gone, the next morning) ! :(

Bille

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:22 am

Very nice. The kiteboarding community is so small on Oahu that when my buddy's kites where stolen and the thieves tried to sell it to the store that sells North kites, they recognized the kites and called my buddy.

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:21 am

I'm really glad you got your boards back. That's the most important thing. Unfortunately, as a fellow Floridian, I have a lot less confidence than others that the legal system will work and the thief will get what he deserves. He'll be stealing someone else's stuff within 6 months. Sad, but true. :-?

Rbgar
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: nude-
Style: Smooth
Gear: Everything
Brand Affiliation: Self sponsored team rider

Postby Rbgar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:14 pm

post his name and address for all to see, we can send them some nice Christmas cards :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”