Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

I hate when I see someone doing this.

Forum for kitesurfers
Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Re: I hate when I see someone doing this.

Postby Do-it » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:16 am

I was at the beach just the other day, Puerto Rican flag tatooed family of ten comes down with two boxes of pizza, drink cups, beer cans,paper plates napkins..... Then it starts to rain,so they leave all the garbage on the beach. I run to catch them but didn't quite make it, so I called the cops with a description of the vehicle with tag number, and told them the driver was highly intoxicated. Hopefully the son of a bitch got arrested :D It made me feel warm inside for sure. :thumb:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Starsky » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:02 am

Free Pizza? Maybe this is the "I love when I see someone doing this" thread!

Wait, you guys are fuckin with me.......................

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, Dude dropped a huge joint......

Love it when that happens.

You hungry?

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:30 am

Starsky wrote:Free Pizza? Maybe this is the "I love when I see someone doing this" thread!

Wait, you guys are fuckin with me.......................

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, Dude dropped a huge joint......

Love it when that happens.

You hungry?
Don't worry, you wouldn't have enjoyed it. It was REAL bacon and pineapple. :cheer:

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jbrook » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:49 pm

You mean the healthy pizza with the bacon wrapped crust?

BigPaul
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North

Postby BigPaul » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:36 pm

The one we suffer from is Beach fisher man. For some reason they feel it perfectly accetable to leave all their rubbish on the beach. I get that night time fishing they may forget something or not see something but when ever the fisherman are about theres rubbish.

I've had to old hooks in my foot along with the metre or so of line still attached.

t3rse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Folly
Gear: RRD Obsession/Core XR/Cab FX

Postby t3rse » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:40 pm

This is also a problem in my area. I've been almost hooked twice. I had a guy way out in the surf (who I had tacked behind because I didn't want to get in his way), who flung his rod back to cast and almost gaffed me. I caught the line before I got hooked. I had another guy cast right in front of me as I was passing by and got wrapped up in his line. I had to kick off the board and pass the line under me. Some of these guys will fish right where kids are swimming too. They don't care if they leave tackle on the beach.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Fishing tackle on the beach now that really sucks, guess I am just bitching about a few butts. But hey butts mean something else to me than the end of a grit :lol: :lol:

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua

Postby Hawaiis » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Here in Hawaii, we have people walking their dogs on the beach without plastic bags. One heavily tattooed guy and his girlfriend had his dog pooped right at the kite launch area and was getting ready to leave. I stepped up and made sure they pick it up with fallen leaves.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Jbrook wrote:...I said nothing because the guy is ignorant and arrogant and does not listen to anyone anyway, he smokes about 2 packs a day at the beach. I hope he does not throw them all in the sand, he is not Brazilian not that it makes a difference but I think foreigners should even respect this place even more than locals...
are you harassing the "euros" again?
by the way, do they cast shadows on the sunny day? or do they leave foot prints on the sand as they walk on the beach?
did you forget to renew the prescription on your pills again?

to be clear i hate smokers habits too. i don't smoke, i have different deficiencies...

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:19 pm

I have a lot of Japanese colleagues. One of them smokes, and spent a whole day together with him in Beijing sightseeing. The guy managed to smoke with me barely realizing it. He had a little metal canister on a hook attached to his belt loop. He stubbed his cigg in it and put the butts in it. He sometimes used it as an ashtray when he felt it was not right to flick the ash on some outdoor surface like tiles.
I asked him about it and he shrugged and said, it's expected I look after my litter.

You could give this dude a canister for his butts. Present it as a gift. No irony or sarcasm .

Return to “Kitesurfing”