Favorite Beaches: Any with wind
Style: wake,free,surf
Gear: Switch,Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Switch team Rider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Element V4 9M Review

Postby toddalbinson » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:10 am

Just got my new 9M one week after I ordered it and amazingly enough the wind blew. This has never happened to me in 10 years of kiteing.I usually have to wait a week or so which makes me crazy. I unpacked it on the beach :D . First thing I noticed was the bomb proof construction. Next was the 3 knots on the trailing edge pig tails for more power options on the kite. Once the kite was in the air I noticed that the 2 outside struts had been moved out to the edge more than the V3's. This creates a deeper profile and the kite seemed to be much more stable.
My buddy took out his 12M but I was bent on riding my new 9M. Jumped on the surfboard and away I went. Kite was super fast,which generated speed,than once up on plane it kept its power and shot me upwind. It was probably blowing 16-18 mph when I hit the water. I was amazed. Usually I would be on my 11m V3 Element in these conditions. The V4 definitely goes upwind better than any kite I have ever owned. In the waves this thing is magic. Switch really tweaked the V4 to make it a wave machine. The kite went right where I wanted it at anytime. So easy to keep it infront of you on the lip or down the line. It seemed to sit a little more forward in the window than the V3 but not too much. So than I jumped on the twintip to see how it was for jumping and wakestyle. I dident feel like it had the airtime like the V3 but still jumped nice. Wakestlye unhooked was a breeze. No yanking your arms out of their sockets. I feel like the kite is way more friendly for beginners. Crashed the kite and it instantly relaunched. All in all I feel like the kite is a much improved wave kite,better for beginners,and unhooked. The only thing I think it might have lost from the V3 is jumping height. But hey if you want big air freestyle get a Nitro.

I weigh 195lbs
Wind was 16-22mph
Turning speed was fast but predictable
Great low end
Rockets upwind
Effortless Relaunch
Wave machine
Great unhooked
Jumps OK
Beginner friendly

Return to “Kitesurfing”