2015 Litewave Kick-S 144x46

I believe that I should be all set for light and not so light wind :thumb:

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Board for a (very) tail and heavy guy

Postby joriws » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:35 pm

I am the same weight as you are. I found that North Gambler was pretty nice stiff board (for me) which can be used with boots & pads and obstacles are fine. I evaluated a couple of boards against each other with kite and wakeboard. I use it with kite, cablewake and wakeboarding.

My other boards are 2010 flyradical xl and 2011 flydoor xl.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:46 pm

My buddy is your size and just picked up the Kick S 144x46. Its not the fastest planning board in the world but once powered it is a beast in the chop and waves , has great bite if the wind cranks , and goes upwind well.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:03 pm

matth wrote:My buddy is your size and just picked up the Kick S 144x46. Its not the fastest planning board in the world but once powered it is a beast in the chop and waves , has great bite if the wind cranks , and goes upwind well.
So he's happy with it???? It really is soooooo smooth in the waves and chop.

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:13 pm

I'm 113kg and use a :

159 Door with 15m and 17m
Crazy fly Raptor LTD 140cm with 11m and 13m
Cabrinha 133cm Xcaliber with 10m and below.

Kev

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 pm

I'm a svelte 106kg and spend a lot of time on doors (159+) and also know that most people underestimate how big a board people my size need. In fact, I've noticed that a lot of people underestimate the size of board THEY need. :wink:

When I can step down to something smaller than a door, I like the Mako 150 and the Litewave Kick-S 144x46 both. Very smooth through the chop and surprisingly nimble. The Mako is stiffer (which I prefer) while the Kick-S has got some pretty decent pop to it. Check them out if you can, as personal preferences are, well....personal. :bye:

Disclaimer: I sell both of those and many other boards.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:27 am

Do-it wrote:
matth wrote:My buddy is your size and just picked up the Kick S 144x46. Its not the fastest planning board in the world but once powered it is a beast in the chop and waves , has great bite if the wind cranks , and goes upwind well.
So he's happy with it???? It really is soooooo smooth in the waves and chop.
He loves it!!

flyingcamel
Medium Poster
Local Beach: sandy hook
Style: all rounder
Gear: gin zulu3 13m, 9m
ocean rodeo flite gen 3 17m, 12m, 10m
flite gen 4 14.5
OR razor gen 6 12m, 10m
flysurfer peak1 9m, peak2 6m
cabrina stylus 165
slingshot dialer
slingshot alien air MHL Lift hydrofoil
cabrinha ace 139
Has thanked: 0

Postby flyingcamel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 am

id also prob say the kick-s big size from lightwave dave since it looks like your not looking for a light wind board. i spent a decent amount of time looking for boards while having to deal with being a big boy myself and that one had a lot of what i was looking for with a real nice shape with a lot of utility at a decent price. shinn also has a few good options with their wider boards. other than that you can get the smallest size of a light wind board that has some shape and rocker to it so its more manageable when the wind and chop picks up.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby FredBGG » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:11 am

-Martijn- wrote: I tried some boards (and own an Onyx 138x42) and immediately i'm the biggest noob again. I can't keep going for more than like 10-20 meters before it drops out of the plane. Or I have to be really overpowered, more than I like. And because I will have this summer some time for a decent kite vacation (like 4-6 weeks), I want my gear not to be the limiting factor
Work on your technique. You need to put more weight on your front foot. Shift your weight forward and turn your shoulders into the wind. If you get going, but then drop off the place it's because you are riding the back of the board too much. Your plowing through the water rather than planning and slicing. I'm 105kg and go upwind no problem on an old as hell Spleene very flex and rocketed board in 20 mph wind and an 11m kite.

Also fly your kite higher and use it's lift to make you lighter on the water.

Too often people jump around on different ear looking for the solution there when what they really need is to just spend a day just working on board making your board work.

That said the Fly Radicals are very very nice boards. Great flex, but a flex pattern that does not sacrifice much upwind performance.

If you like your knees... don't get boots.

Return to “Kitesurfing”